Are you turned on or off by certain kinds of pets

My Advice

If a guy loves animals, HUGE turn on.

If he has a cat, even better. HA, hers... there's something we disagree on!!!

Disagreements--1.

Similarities--3423545

Still creepy.

Honestly, I really do love cats, and I love a guy who loves animals strictly b/c it shows tolerance, acceptance, and patience. There's nothing sexier than seeinga guy who cares about his animal. I dunno-- I think it was just that one dude I dated who seriously was about to put his cat in a stroller and push it around one day.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disagreements--1.

Similarities--3423545

Still creepy.

Honestly, I really do love cats, and I love a guy who loves animals strictly b/c it shows tolerance, acceptance, and patience. There's nothing sexier than seeinga guy who cares about his animal. I dunno-- I think it was just that one dude I dated who seriously was about to put his cat in a stroller and push it around one day.

that's worse than I am with Cairo!!!!

Disagreements--1.

Similarities--3423545

Still creepy.

Oh man thats gay. Literally. Ive seen this in my city.LOL! Hes giving male cat lovers a bad friggin name with the ladies.

Oh man thats gay. Literally. Ive seen this in my city.LOL! Hes giving male cat lovers a bad friggin name with the ladies.

oK I may be exaggerating a bit, but he treated it like a girl would treat a cat. I just never saw him as manly at all. I like manly men and he wasn't. The cat didn't help. All I'm saying. I'm really not that predjudiced against guys with animals. Maybe it was just htat guy.

I would think I would be attracted to guys who had similar standards and values to mine, and probably wouldn't run into pet issues. The worst I've ever dealt with is a guy's stuff smelling of wet dog all the time to the point I would want to gag when in his car or house (I dried my dog off when he got wet and didn't let him roll dry on the furniture or carpet. My dog also didn't have that excessively "doggy" odor - his breed didn't excrete the heavy oils like the sporting dogs do). That ended badly because he was angry.

Those animals are awesome but it's just plain cruel to keep them as pets (most of those). My uncle had tigers, ostriches, lions, and a crocodile. My father once gave us a monkey, it was the cutest thing!! But it was so violent and wild. It had to be chained up to a tree. I was young then but I still wonder what happened to it.

I have always been skeptical whether or not keeping an exotic animal is automatically cruel or not. When I watch animal planet, the animals are always hungry, always scared, and always tired. They are also constantly struggling with each other. And then I see somebody like the people who take care of a hippo in Africa to save it from starving and it seems fine, and actually far happier than many of the regular hippos. The African jungle seems far crueler than anything, except for cages.

I also think, are all great cats that much different emotionally as house cats?

Of course zoos are usually cruel. They keep them in small areas.

But if a guy who happened to love an animal with a zillion dollars to spend, has the land and ability to feed them regularly with a few others of their kind around, and by land I mean large enough land, it seems like the only thing they are losing is the hundreds of miles of roaming they do, usually of which is for the purpose of finding food. They are often much happier when they don't have to look for food, and many really seem to enjoy the attention and affections human give them.

Do I really think owning most exotic animals should be legal? No. But only because I don't trust humans enough to provide that level of care and it is inevitable you get more idiots who can't handle that level of responsibility than you get the ideal care taker like off animal planet. Hell, it scares me to think there are so many dog owners out there who can't meet minimum standards for a dog when that requires much less.

Plus these animals would get out and start eating people, a wild instinct is more devastating from a lion than a house cat, or perhaps they accidentally kill somebody. The tiger that almost killed Sigfried was actually supposedly trying to drag him off stage protectively, and many can't tell their own strength. And last but not least, the only people who have the time and the money are the very rich, and they shouldn't get these special rights of why kind of animal they can own that the rest of us can't.

Bub how did your dad get all these animals by the way? What country is that?

I would think I would be attracted to guys who had similar standards and values to mine, and probably wouldn't run into pet issues. The worst I've ever dealt with is a guy's stuff smelling of wet dog all the time to the point I would want to gag when in his car or house (I dried my dog off when he got wet and didn't let him roll dry on the furniture or carpet. My dog also didn't have that excessively "doggy" odor - his breed didn't excrete the heavy oils like the sporting dogs do). That ended badly because he was angry.

that's why i love boxers. they hold no odors. My dog smells like dog on the top of her head and that's it. Well, her feet smell like Fritos. But otherwise, I love her smell.

Being a pet sitter, I come into contact with all sorts of dogs, and there are some dogs I have to wash my hands after b/c of their odors. And some dogs even leave a black grime on my hands when I pet them, even though I know their owners wash them often.

I don't really care about dog smell or even wet dog smell, but I hate when my hands feel dirty so I have to have a clean dog around.

oK I may be exaggerating a bit, but he treated it like a girl would treat a cat. I just never saw him as manly at all. I like manly men and he wasn't. The cat didn't help. All I'm saying. I'm really not that predjudiced against guys with animals. Maybe it was just htat guy.

Her that's the way I get with all animals and I am not a wuss.

I saw a goat at Central Park today and I wanted to grab it and give it a hug. I feel the same way whenever I see great whites on shark week. I know that if I had superman's powers I would be terrorizing those monsters with my hugs. They have big cute lips and a huge head that reminds me of a small dog or child.

However I don't feel any wussy tendency towards humans.

You can't compare your pal Paul Ruben, Richard Simmon's, or whoever this guy was you were friends with or dated, to all of us who have an unhealthy obsession with hugging animals.

You're right, I am getting too defensive. Maybe I really am a wuss because of this disposition to obsessively cradle cats, dogs, goats, and sharks. It honestly is sort of sissy. It's my achillies hills. That and 80s cartoons.

It wasn't that he hugged his animal or anything. I don't know, I can't explain it. He was a very scrawny, hairless guy, like not even any facial hair, and he just always seemed like a little boy to me, and then his behaviour with his cat just sort of added to that I guess. Like I said, I think it was just that guy.

It wasn't that he hugged his animal or anything. I don't know, I can't explain it. He was a very scrawny, hairless guy, like not even any facial hair, and he just always seemed like a little boy to me, and then his behaviour with his cat just sort of added to that I guess. Like I said, I think it was just that guy.

Yeah but nevertheless, it is sort of effeminate of me to want to go to a petting zoo to hug animals. I can't imagine James Bond or Tony Soprano doing it.

I think a petting zoo would be a good first date, just make sure your five oclock shadow is on point, and get the macho going. LOL!

No, no, not in this city. I live near Central Park and if you go to the petting zoo and starting hugging animals there the girls are all going to assume you are gay or want to have sex with it.

Yes, this is exactly why I said that unless someone has a huge reservation where they could roam freely, I think it's cruel. When you said keeping them as pets, I thought you solely meant as a house pet, in a small enclosure somewhere. Even a backyard isn't enough. Having a whole reserve dedicated to the preservation and rescue of those animals is a whole other story. And yes of course they also suffer in the wild, but at least there they are living freely, they're not enclosed and deprived of their natural surroundings. That's a lot better than keeping them caged in.

I don't really know about the regulations and laws on keeping wild animals in my homecountry but I guess it was easier to keep them there than it is in the states.

Yes, this is exactly why I said that unless someone has a huge reservation where they could roam freely, I think it's cruel. When you said keeping them as pets, I thought you solely meant as a house pet, in a small enclosure somewhere. Even a backyard isn't enough. Having a whole reserve dedicated to the preservation and rescue of those animals is a whole other story. And yes of course they also suffer in the wild, but at least there they are living freely, they're not enclosed and deprived of their natural surroundings. That's a lot better than keeping them caged in.

I don't really know about the regulations and laws on keeping wild animals in my homecountry but I guess it was easier to keep them there than it is in the states.

I agree with all this. Zoos are very cruel. Unfortunately the wild is only somewhat better to actually getting worse because of poaching. I have always been a big proponent of reservations.

Not all zoos are cruel. Toronto has a beautiful zoo where the animals have huge wooded areas to roam. There's no doubt that they might be better off in the wild, but I think a good zoo gives people a better appreciation and love of animals so they'll be more likely to learn the importance of conservation and preserving natural habitats. A well run zoo also helps to keep endangered species protected, if they have good breeding programs.

As for the original question, a guy walking a miniature poodle with the little puff balls on it's feet and a pink bow on it's head would be a turnoff. If he had a horse OMG.

I don't relate well to people who prioritize their pet's comfort over a person's as far as letting a dog off the leash where it is supposed to be on the leash and then being rude to a person who asks him/her to leash the dog. Or not pulling their dog away from a person in an elevator but waiting until the person asks.

Not all zoos are cruel. Toronto has a beautiful zoo where the animals have huge wooded areas to roam. There's no doubt that they might be better off in the wild, but I think a good zoo gives people a better appreciation and love of animals so they'll be more likely to learn the importance of conservation and preserving natural habitats. A well run zoo also helps to keep endangered species protected, if they have good breeding programs.

As for the original question, a guy walking a miniature poodle with the little puff balls on it's feet and a pink bow on it's head would be a turnoff. If he had a horse OMG.

I don't think they are worse off in zoos overall except for when the cages are very small. There are pros and cons and it depends on the zoos. Afterall many animals are either being poached or dying naturally in the wild which can be a very cruel place.

I doubt if the antelope could talk he would say he'd prefer being some tiger's meal or the tiger would say he wants to be somebody else carpet. And with global warming, whether the cause, the droughts are only going to get worse.

I like going to zoos a lot but it isn't uncommon to see the spaces in which the animals are kept being so small that it constitutes cruelty.

That is not to say every animal there doesn't have enough space or that every zoo is equally bad about these things.

I don't get some people who have pigs as housepets.

They say pigs are clean and very intelligent and make great pets.

I'm sorry but a pig is a pig. They belong in farms and next to my scrambled eggs, not running around the living room.

excel I disagree. Pigs can actually be very clean. The reason why they are so often dirty is the situation in which you commonly encounter them. Certain pigs can actually use litter boxes, others you can walk, and I haven't see any evidence to the contrary that you can't keep them pretty clean.

I like zoos for the most part. They help us understand animals and nature better. And, most of them are wonderful environments that are well suited for the animals.

However, people need to understand that they should leave wild animals to the professionals. Unless you are trained and educated in taking care of animals like these, morally, you should not attempt to keep them.

But they get HUGE and they GRUNT!

I'm sorry but if I went out with a girl who had a pig as a pet, she would wake up to a hearty breakfast of bacon and eggs and sausage.

She wouldn't be happy about it but it would taste great.

So? Dogs bark. Cats cry. Pigs are smarter than both of these animals.

And, many species of pigs never get past 70 or so pounds. About the size of a dog.

But they get HUGE and they GRUNT!

I'm sorry but if I went out with a girl who had a pig as a pet, she would wake up to a hearty breakfast of bacon and eggs and sausage.

She wouldn't be happy about it but it would taste great.

Well I am a guy, but since I believe every animal should have to defend himself in this world if she is wise she would train her animal to defend itself anyway. A pet pig that is trained well would run right over you and whip lash you with its piggy tail.

Some pigs don't get big by the way.

Archived