Are you turned on or off by certain kinds of pets

My Advice

So, this question is purely out of intellectual curiosity, for women and men to, as I probably wouldn't care if a woman was turned off or not by my pet, never have or will.

Do you ever get turned off by a potential partner's pet, the type, specific or kind of pet he or she has?

I read this article in a New York Magazine.

Say for example he has a spider (makes me think Dungeons and Dragons geek or goth chick if a girl) or a Snake (macho or freaky type).

What would you think if you saw a rabbit?

What if you walked in and saw the guy had a lion (yes if you are rich you can get a license for them in some states).

I know my friend who's an ex model and a serial womanizing sex addict who's slept with God knows how many women (enough to once catch him an std) found them flocking to him and flirting in Manhattan when he had his tiny dog with him wherever he went. Women seem to always fall for it, and when I would walk the animal they'd start coming and asking about it.

Are there any animals that seeing them with someone makes them more or less attractive? Guys are encouraged to throw their answers in to.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guy with a snake ... would freak me out because I can hardly even stand the thought of snakes! Would definitely not go over to someone's house if they had a large snake.

Guy with an exotic large animal: tiger/lion ... I would disapprove in an ethical sense, plus be too scared to go to his house!

Guy with a small dog ... looks silly to me.

That's about all the stereotypes I can muster for now!

The only one I would look down upon would be if a guy owned an exotic, wild animal, the only place they belong in is the wild, I don't care how good you take care of it. Plus more than likely it's just used as a status symbol, not cause he actually cares about it.

The only one I would look down upon would be if a guy owned an exotic, wild animal, the only place they belong in is the wild, I don't care how good you take care of it. Plus more than likely it's just used as a status symbol, not cause he actually cares about it.

I also completely agree.

A guy with a bunch of cats. Crazy cat woman only male version.

Or a guy with pets that he obviously doesn't take care off (smelly).

Or a guy who doesn't clean the fur off his furniture. I love dogs but I take care of the hair. I would hate to live in a place full of hair.

Or, a guy with a spider (I am really afraid of spiders and would be afraid that it would get out while we were asleep).

Guys who are good with cats and dogs are a turn on. It shows that they are empathetic, gentle, responsible, and patient.

Oh and horses. Wow. What is it about horses?!

A guy with a bunch of cats. Crazy cat woman only male version.

Or a guy with pets that he obviously doesn't take care off (smelly).

Or a guy who doesn't clean the fur off his furniture. I love dogs but I take care of the hair. I would hate to live in a place full of hair.

Or, a guy with a spider (I am really afraid of spiders and would be afraid that it would get out while we were asleep).

Guys who are good with cats and dogs are a turn on. It shows that they are empathetic, gentle, responsible, and patient.

Oh and horses. Wow. What is it about horses?!

Cowboys. Cowboys, cowboys.

Well my ex had a flock of Maltese terriers. I don't mean pack, I mean flock. Just like a flock of birds, they pooed everywhere, ate any junk they could find, ruined furniture..ick. They were the most horrid little things ever.

My collection is two British Bulldogs, two Great Danes, an Irish Wolfhound and a Saint Bernard.

I wouldn't date anyone who isn't a big dog lover, luckily for me Josh loves them all!

Hmm, I always wanted a goat, a panther, a lion of tsavo, a chimpanzee, a rabbit, a black mamba, black widow, funnel web spider, Brazilian wandering spider, a Vietnamese pot belly pig, a Doberman pincher, a cat, a hippo, and a shark tank. The only problem I'd have owning at least half of all these (since if I'd owned them all, I'd not be able to give them the attention and love they need except maybe the sharks) is that it is illegal for half of them and I don't have the money nor the will power to feed the carnivorous ones other live animals, as I am an animal lover and can't stand seeing live animals killed.

Damn, good thing I don't have millions and millions of dollars. I'd be turning everybody off.

I dont get turned off by the kind of pet or pets that a person happens to have. It seems fickle to make such judgments purely based on a person's preference in the type of pet that they wish to have. I am already turned off by certain peoples actions, so I do not need to expand my reasoning for disqualifying a person based on the type of pet they choose to have.

Guy with toy dogs--turn off.

Guy with only a cat-- I'd date him but may secretly think him whimpy.

Guy with a regular or big sized dog--very much a turn on.

Exoctic animals & reptiles--somewhere between turned off & indiferent

Hersmudder cats are not wimpy. They are very predatory and even when I am feeling very aggressive I like cats. I have a small female cat that I had to leave back home for my brother to take care of who intimates the dogs as I have trained her well.

I love cats. I think they're great. I dunno though. I'm pretty much basing it off of a guy I dated who had a cat. The way he treated it was similar to the way a girl treats a toy poodle or something. It was just whimpy & I guess that's in my head now.

Hmm, I always wanted a goat, a panther, a lion of tsavo, a chimpanzee, a rabbit, a black mamba, black widow, funnel web spider, Brazilian wandering spider, a Vietnamese pot belly pig, a Doberman pincher, a cat, a hippo, and a shark tank. The only problem I'd have owning at least half of all these (since if I'd owned them all, I'd not be able to give them the attention and love they need except maybe the sharks) is that it is illegal for half of them and I don't have the money nor the will power to feed the carnivorous ones other live animals, as I am an animal lover and can't stand seeing live animals killed.

Damn, good thing I don't have millions and millions of dollars. I'd be turning everybody off.

Those animals are awesome but it's just plain cruel to keep them as pets (most of those). My uncle had tigers, ostriches, lions, and a crocodile. My father once gave us a monkey, it was the cutest thing!! But it was so violent and wild. It had to be chained up to a tree. I was young then but I still wonder what happened to it.

Those animals are awesome but it's just plain cruel to keep them as pets (most of those). My uncle had tigers, ostriches, lions, and a crocodile. My father once gave us a monkey, it was the cutest thing!! But it was so violent and wild. It had to be chained up to a tree. I was young then but I still wonder what happened to it.

Is your uncle MJ?

Archived