Two shades of shy

Beautyremark

I used to be shy and timid and scared of everything and occationaly it comes back even though I have learned so much about my self. My shyness comes around when I like some one and obviously so. I'm scared that I am going to ruin a perfectly good friendship by telling some one I like them. How do I tell some one in a subtle way how I feel. Flirting is not a problem, talking is not a problem, but when it comes to the serious bit after you make the initial connection I get a little lost in my emotions and don't know right from left. What comes after flirting? Who is supposed to take the initiative? Should I stare at my problems point blank or dance a little before I get there.

I have never, ever, asked someone to be my girlfriend/boyfriend. I would squirm if someone asked me "we've been dating now for two weeks, would you be my boyfriend?". What I do, is say "Hey, I've really enjoyed the last X dates, and I'm not interested in going on dates with anyone else. Can't wait till we catch up again". The beauty of that is you are not asking for a response from them of equal standing - you're putting yourself out there. In every circumstance I have said that, in return the person has said the same thing back.

Archived