Why cry over breaking up?

brendithebunny

To everyone here how did you react after a long term relationship ended. How did you cope with it.

There was one time I was nearly engaged but he broke it off. The odd part is I went partying with my friends that day and it was as if nothing happened,didn't really care that much. The next day I was already talking to guys. I'm now currently in a 4 month old relationship. I don't mind if I had another break-up, guys come and go, it's not like I have to be attach to the guy.

I wonder why some people even cry over it, I don't.

Someday you might fool around and fall in love.

I think so but seems that I can't commit nor attach to anyone nor anything whatsoever and I never experience falling in love emotion. I like my b/f a lot but definitely not love and the concerning part is that if I were to break-up with him again no reaction. No matter what guy it is I always seem to be nonchalant about it. It's like if he leaves then I can forget about him easily.

hahaha...sounds like me when I was your age....I thought the very same thing...If I broke up with a guy and in the next moment I was talking to someone else....I only had one word........NEXT!

Then the horror came I was 39 and fell in love for the first time only for the guy to make my life a nightmare...anyway yes it hurts, but there is still a big part of me that is still like I was at 23...I just feel bummed out because I wasted nearly 5 years of my life and at my age getting a good man is getting slim pickins even if I am smart and pretty.

It's not that I am worried about the guys liking me it's about if I like them....

hehehe...one of my co-workers is like that...she will be bummed for a second then off she goes to the next one.

See my avatar of my beloved stuffed animals, which I love way more than my ex bf.

To everyone here how did you react after a long term relationship ended. How did you cope with it.

There was one time I was nearly engaged but he broke it off. The odd part is I went partying with my friends that day and it was as if nothing happened,didn't really care that much. The next day I was already talking to guys. I'm now currently in a 4 month old relationship. I don't mind if I had another break-up, guys come and go, it's not like I have to be attach to the guy.

Sometimes people feel very an intense connection with another individual, or have been giving in to fantasies of the future. Sometimes a person relies an another for emotional stability. Other times, it's because the relationship has gone on for so long that its grown to dominate a life.

There are lots of conceivable reasons.

Though you bring up an interesting point. How do you feel about friendships, if this is your opinion on romantic relationships?

my first ex put her hand into my chest, ripped out my heart and fed it to a pack of hell hounds.....thats how i felt when she broke up with me. The first girl that I fell in love with (who treated me like * * * * , and didnt care for me). I was depressed for months, angry for a long time - but i think i only had a tear when I told my mum about it.

my second ex - i cried when i broke up with her, because i was really confused about myself (even though she treated me like * * * * too)

my third ex, i didnt cry at all - i just thought "hmm, that * * * * deserves to be fcked by animals"

my current gf - i know if it ended between us, id be heart broken....and i wont be able to stop crying. I think this is the first time that i am really in love, and that i care for someone soo much, and that everything we do together just means so much to me - that if things were to end, id be devastated.

I think every individual is just different when it comes to experiencing emotion and their ability to truly love. In one sense, you're lucky because you don't have to deal with the intense pain and heartbreak the loss of a relationship can bring. On the other hand, it's unfortunate, because the feelings, emotions and ability to love and fall in love are amazing and something that can't be explained in words. If you're unable to be open to this, or just simply can't embrace it, you could be missing out.

I also think that if you DO experience a tremendous loss and the repercussions associated with such, you're able to appreciate the next relationship and person that much more when things are reflective of what an unconditional, genuine and true relationship can bring.

A lot of people build up walls to protect themselves b/c they experienced something traumatic at a younger age. They can't fathom enduring the same type of pain again and ensure that they keep people and emotions at bay.

You're lucky.

I don't think you know what love is or have ever been in love. Men are not a dime a dozen like you think. I don't think you have actually dated a man yet to tell you the truth sounds like you are still dating boy's if they don't mean anything to you.

Take some time and find youself a man then you will understand why.

I feel that they come and go, thus can be replace easily as well too.

Bearing your opinion to its logical conclusion, no one should care about anybody other than themselves. Another interpretation: I don't care about hurting other people because I never get hurt. I suppose the people who aren't replaceable are your family and yourself (at least, in your opinion - from this view point, it could easily be argued that your own existence is as inconsequential as any others). Very tribal.

I'm not convinced by your argument. I prefer a more humanist point of view.

I don't think you know what love is or have ever been in love. Men are not a dime a dozen like you think. I don't think you have actually dated a man yet to tell you the truth sounds like you are still dating boy's if they don't mean anything to you.

Take some time and find youself a man then you will understand why.

I agree, you have never met men. This is a very interesting to me, I have a few questions:

Would you react the same way if your parents died? or if your puppy died? Would you say NEXT?

Have you ever met a homeless guy in the street that made an impact in your life? Do you ever reflect on other people? or yourself?

Umm, that is why some people cry, they don't date people they are not attached too.

If you want to remain apathetic that is fine but why challenge people who have real feelings and emotions?

I don't think for one minute that when you REALLY fall in love you won't cry if he drops you. This post seems like one that might come back to bite ya.

I doubt you have very many people to count on.

I feel bad for the day that you might really regret thinking of people as so expendable.

We all need other people to some degree.

I agree, JS. I can't imagine thinking my friends are replaceable. NONE of mine are -- at least not to me. My parents, sister, and close family members aren't, either. I have only been in love once, and he is not replaceable either. I'm sure I will love someone else, someday, but that first love will always be very special to me, even long after I've moved on.

I'm really glad my friends and loved ones don't feel this way about relationships; it would make me really said to know that they all viewed me as replaceable.

I agree, JS. I can't imagine thinking my friends are replaceable. NONE of mine are -- at least not to me. My parents, sister, and close family members aren't, either. I have only been in love once, and he is not replaceable either. I'm sure I will love someone else, someday, but that first love will always be very special to me, even long after I've moved on.

I'm really glad my friends and loved ones don't feel this way about relationships; it would make me really said to know that they all viewed me as replaceable.

Well said. I'm not sure I would understand why I was here - in this life - if I felt that way.

I agree, you have never met men. This is a very interesting to me, I have a few questions:

I have met nice guys but I do admit being a serial cheater in the past. The truth is I don't feel bad at it. I have concluded that the reason I never did it on my ex finace nor current b/f is because I gotten used to this for a long time and it is boring so I'm now into monogamy.

Would you react the same way if your parents died? or if your puppy died? Would you say NEXT?

I have not really thought about it but it would be uncomfortable. Afterall, they along with my older sister are the only unconditional people that cannot be replaced. I never liked animals so it would be meaningless if a puppy die, that can be replaced as well as an SO.

Have you ever met a homeless guy in the street that made an impact in your life? Do you ever reflect on other people? or yourself?

I believe that most of the time everyone gets what they deserved. If they are homeless then either they probably wasted all the money on drinking and clubbing or a result of the family disowning them. As terrible as it sounds if they don't have anywhere to live is because they ask for it. They made their destiny, no excuse.

Not sure what you mean when you say if I reflected on people or on myself?

I hope my ex ends up like the OP. with this current trend, she'll be 40 years old and single. although guys might be sags of sperm when they are young, when we grow up we become really choosy in our partners and when that day comes, good potential n loving n smart guys will smell the dishonesty and find someone else. and you'll only attract hyenas.

i love it how some women say "why can't i find a good man" lol. with your homeless analysis, you'll get what you asked for. you treat guys like some dispensable pencil, then in return they'll treat you like a rag. trust me i've seen countless cases.

but maybe you are the type of girl who don't deserve true love, oh well. case closed

Archived