Days where you feel really low about your appearance

g84
50+ Best Feeling Down Quotes
50+ Best Feeling Down Quotes

I know this sounds petty, but i've been feeling so low about how I look for the past few days. I normally don't feel this bad, but lately I feel like i've been noticing every single flaw that i have. I know we all have days like this What do you do when you feel like this? I know it's better not to dwell on it, but i just went to bed last night feeling disgusting. I went through a really tough phase through-out high school and college where i felt like this nearly everyday. I even had days where i refused to look in the mirror. With time, I eventually started to feel better about myself, but I still have these days where this feeling comes back. I don't think it's pms or anything at this point. I just feel disgusting.

the flaws that i'm thinking about can't be fixed with makeup tho

Off topic: Blueafterglow...you have such pretty hair!!!!

Thank you Ah see now thats improved my 'hate my appearance day' lol!! I always saw it as rather brown and boring lol.

To feel better I try and think of the things I like about myself.

And taking care of yourself helps too, like i'll take extra time putting makeup on, pluck my eyebrows, have a long bath, make the effort to look extra nice to boost up my confidence.

sometimes i feel bloated from what i ate during the day. cardio usually helps me feel good again.

ohh it's true. I might feel bloated but after i do cardio it goes way! plus cardio makes you feel good overall

what i would do on one of those down days, is do my hair, put eyeliner and mascara on.. (i'm not good with makeup)

take a long relaxing shower, do my nails etc.etc.

just take care of myself!

and for sure working out is a good way to make yourself feel good, because you're working on improving yourself..

I know this sounds petty, but i've been feeling so low about how I look for the past few days. I normally don't feel this bad, but lately I feel like i've been noticing every single flaw that i have. I know we all have days like this What do you do when you feel like this? I know it's better not to dwell on it, but i just went to bed last night feeling disgusting. I went through a really tough phase through-out high school and college where i felt like this nearly everyday. I even had days where i refused to look in the mirror. With time, I eventually started to feel better about myself, but I still have these days where this feeling comes back. I don't think it's pms or anything at this point. I just feel disgusting.

i find dressing nice or getting my butt back to the gym helps me..

make up too to cover those flaws.

I go through swings about my appearance too, from "I'm gross" to "I feel good about myself today". I try my hardest to remind myself that the bad feeling passes, usually over a night's sleep. I also try to do something positive to counteract the negative feeling - like the other posters have mentioned - making an extra effort with your appearance, or especially working out might help.

Ultimately I think that most women have a mild, slight, touch of body dysmorphia - and a lot of the time sad or bad feelings end up projected back onto our bodies. So I also try to notice the link between having a bad day, and feeling bad about my body. Maybe you could try to see what triggers your bad days, since no doubt like me you must look 90% the same day to day. (Bloating/Water retention aside).

There shouldn't be dayS like this - several days turns into weeks which turn into months which turns into a rut or worse.. depression.

My philosophy on this has been fake it until you make it. If you feel ugly - do something that makes you feel beautiful. Get a haircut. Get your hair blow out. Buy new makeup. It doesn't have to be expensive. It can be as simple as taking a long candle lit bath with a homemade facial to clear out your pores (amazing glow after!). Anything! Just do something!

Ever watch top model? Its usually the girls with the strongest conviction in themselves as model material - not the prettiest girls - that win the show.

Archived