Verbal abuse on a woman

nthalley
5 Signs That Your Girlfriend is a P...
5 Signs That Your Girlfriend is a Psychopath Ways To Get Over Her

Also, I think whether they are a woman or a man should have no bearing on whether abuse is acceptable or not. Women are not "weaker", nor are men "stronger" and neither should have to tolerate "true" verbal abuse.

It depends, of course, what you mean by link removed. Yelling at someone does not necessarily constitute verbal abuse. I think generally, we think of verbal abuse as an "abusive attack involving the use of language". You may simply be saying that you yelled at her. Sometimes it is even morally acceptable to yell at someone.

"True" verbal abuse is probably illegal, either through "hate speech", slander, libel, or defamation laws. However, I believe there is First Amendment protection in the US from most verbal abuse, unless they are words likely to (or with intent to) induce physical violence.

I also think there's a difference between telling someone off and verbally assaulting someone to make them feel like crap.

I don't condone either, because I think that you can solve a lot more with effective, calm communication, but we've all been there - we've all experienced what it is like to interact with a person that pushes ALL of the wrong buttons. The trick is to overcome it.

I also think there's a difference between telling someone off and verbally assaulting someone to make them feel like crap.

When it comes to safety, I will yell or scream or even hit someone in order to prevent the safety risk from occurring.

For example, if someone on a firing range was doing something extremely stupid, it requires an extreme and urgent response. The response would probably be laced with expletives and extremely loud, because this is the best way to get attention of everyone - and when received it will probably engage a "flight or fight" response, bypassing their brain, and getting them to do the action straight away without thinking.

But yelling someone at a gym? Unless it was a serious safety breach, you're just being a jerk really.

If you are a real man you will never raise your hand to a woman or cuss them out no matter what they have done. It shows a lack of respect for them and a lack of control on your part. Your actions and how you live your life show who you really are.....

lost

This woman SERIOUSLY pissed me off.Your saying that i should still be respectful towards her?I've been trying that(when we show up at the same time)and surprisingly she's responding well.she still pisses me off in my spare time when i think about her though...

This woman SERIOUSLY pissed me off.Your saying that i should still be respectful towards her?I've been trying that(when we show up at the same time)and surprisingly she's responding well.she still pisses me off in my spare time when i think about her though...

Instead of being respectful... Ignore her completely. Try to be the bigger person about this. If you get into it with her, she probably feeds off of that. People love to make others upset... don't give them the time of day. I'd do my best to shrug it off... there are more important things to worry about that a woman who can't keep her mouth shut.

You are allowing the actions and words of someone you don't even like affect your life. She is bothering you even when she is not around! Find a way to let go of her little petty crap and you will see that she does not matter. Ignore her, be overly pleasant to her or simply be indifferent. There simply is no good reason to abuse a woman.

lost

You are allowing the actions and words of someone you don't even like affect your life. She is bothering you even when she is not around! Find a way to let go of her little petty crap and you will see that she does not matter. Ignore her, be overly pleasant to her or simply be indifferent. There simply is no good reason to abuse a woman.

lost

Good point.By the way,that last sentence sometimes keeps me in check when i feel enraged.The key word is"woman".

if some chick was constantly nagging me over and over again or did something to really get under my skin, she will hear about it. i will not lay a finger on her though. now if a girl hits me, she will get knocked out. no excuse for that. guy or girl. everyone has hands and feet that inflict damage.

if some chick was constantly nagging me over and over again or did something to really get under my skin, she will hear about it. i will not lay a finger on her though. now if a girl hits me, she will get knocked out. no excuse for that. guy or girl. everyone has hands and feet that inflict damage.

This is true.. I have seen girls beat the mess out of guys and they wouldn't touch her because "she" was a female. I'm sorry, if i'm stupid enough to hit someone for no reason whatsoever whether it be male or female i'd expect them to smack me back.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry but you sound like you really need psychiatric help. you are paranoid and have anger management issues. What are you going to do, kill her for pissing you off? I freaking hope not. Get help NOW.

Archived