What haven't I started my period yet?

RoxyGril

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but I thought I would give it a shot and get some advice on what to do...

I have been on birth control pills since I have started dating my bf so it's been for over a year and 1/2. I have been doing really well with the brand of pills that I have been taking and haven't had any trouble or problems with this brand. Well, I do have my period when I'm suppose to. I haven't missed a pill at all. There maybe times where I don't take it at the same time as I usually do. But always remember to take it that same day just it would be at a different time then usual. It been fine by doing I haven't had any problem and everything seems to be fine.

But, I'm starting to worry right now because I am on the week of pills where it doesn't provide the hormone that causes me not to get pregnant. So, I have taken my 3rd not active pill today and I haven't started yet. I'm worry about this because I have taken every pill every day. I don't know why I haven't started yet and I'm actually really wanting to start because I'm obvisiously not ready for a child right now and neither is my bf. I did tell my bf this morning before I left to work and let him know that I haven't started yet.

I know that I have been under a lot of stress this past month. I'm not sure it that has to do anything of why I haven't started yet. Has anyone experience this before? I'm not sure what to do! I know that the week before I start I do get really irretated easy and I know that I did experience that last week. Any advice on what to do?

RELAX!!!!! My ex had few of these episodes, where she was under a lot of pressure and her period came almost a week late. BC are highly affective and as long as you take them each day (doesnt have to be exact same time of the day) it is fine. The chemical is still in your body after few days of not taking them.

I know I need to relax most definitly!!! It was the first thing that came to my mind was being pregnant. But, I didn't think that it could be possible because I have been really good on taking them each day. I'm pretty sure that it's because I am under a lot of stress right now and it maybe the problem of why I haven't started yet...

There maybe times where I don't take it at the same time as I usually do. But always remember to take it that same day just it would be at a different time then usual.

Well, you do need to take it at the same time every day. That's part of what makes it effective. I think now that you are late, you should take a pregnancy test.

I've had two pregnancy scares before (no unprotected sex, but a late period) and everything turned out fine. Sometimes we miss periods due to other things. But the thing is, what you have when you are on the pill is not a real period, it's withdrawal bleeding. It's not really your period. So I don't know if other things can affect that.

Alot of women bleed in the last two or so days of the sugar pills. It's fine. If it were me (and it has been) then I would wait until next month. If I didn't bleed then I would take a hpt and then see a doctor. There's no real reason to panic just yet.

Turns out that I did end up starting. YAY! Which normally it sucks to be on your period but great for a reason. At least I definitly know that I am not pregnant because I am not ready and wasn't planning to get pregnant for a long time. But, I just got worried because I have never gone 3 days on the non active pills without starting. So it worried me though.

Archived