Does girls really just want to be friends

ttran

Ok ladies, Do you all really just want to have guy friends?

Im interested in this girl at school and we've already went to breakfast and we get coffee everyday for the last 3 weeks. I've asked her out to dinner and she said that she only wanted to be friends. Now I know girls usally tell guys this to let them down easy, but why does she continue to text/ email me. And wants to hang out at school together. And we talk about sex and dating other people. I asked her was she a tease and she said no. She said she just wants to be friends. So ladies do you have any of these friends? I like her, but I dont want to be her friend that gives her advice about other men.

Ok ladies, Do you all really just want to have guy friends?

Im interested in this girl at school and we've already went to breakfast and we get coffee everyday for the last 3 weeks. I've asked her out to dinner and she said that she only wanted to be friends. Now I know girls usally tell guys this to let them down easy, but why does she continue to text/ email me. And wants to hang out at school together. And we talk about sex and dating other people. I asked her was she a tease and she said no. She said she just wants to be friends. So ladies do you have any of these friends? I like her, but I dont want to be her friend that gives her advice about other men.

Sorry man, she might see you as more of a brother. I have a few hot hot friends but it will never get past that. Accept it and be nice, eventually she might start to like you in more than a platonic way.

Yes girls do sometimes just want to be friends, I actually have more guy friends then girl because I get along with them better but in no way interested in them. If she is telling you she only sees you as a friend...take her word for it.

You acted like a friend and are now stuck as one. The only way you have a chance with her is by not caring that you are just her friend or staying away from her for a long time and then coming back after having gotten over her.

She sees you like a gay guy, somebody without a weenier. Cold reality.

Sometimes girls who at first saw me as just a friend grow a strong attraction but that is only because I don't care whether they do or don't -- something that isn't very easy to fake. Let go immediately and find somebody else. Stick around as her emotional tampon if you want but don't think that will work.

And even if she ever does like you as more than a friend, something that is astronomically unlikely right now, there would still have to be the potential for chemistry in the first place or else she would have to change enough to find chemistry with you.

Yep, I have plenty of male friends whom I have zero interest in outside of chitchatting or whatever. Only one of them is attractive to me, but even then, he's just a friend. No other thoughts cross my mind (and never did). I look at it as ruining a good friendship, and those are valuable to me.

Yep, I have plenty of male friends whom I have zero interest in outside of chitchatting or whatever. Only one of them is attractive to me, but even then, he's just a friend. No other thoughts cross my mind (and never did). I look at it as ruining a good friendship, and those are valuable to me.

That's unfortunate. You might just be missing amazing opportunities.

Sorry man, she might see you as more of a brother. I have a few hot hot friends but it will never get past that. Accept it and be nice, eventually she might start to like you in more than a platonic way.

Sorry LH but this is not good advice. The OP likes her as more than a friend and it is in his best interest not to stay as friends. He can be her best friend and be all nice to her but there is 99.9% chance that she will not see him as anything more than a friend. He made a mistake of not making his move on her right away. Now he is paying the price. His best bet now would be to leave the friendship. If he chooses to stay he is gonna be miserable.

Sorry LH but this is not good advice. The OP likes her as more than a friend and it is in his best interest not to stay as friends. He can be her best friend and be all nice to her but there is 99.9% chance that she will not see him as anything more than a friend. He made a mistake of not making his move on her right away. Now he is paying the price. His best bet now would be to leave the friendship. If he chooses to stay he is gonna be miserable.

gry, agree. If he can't easily get over her. However there is a hand he can play to test it. Date other women and sometimes, if there is any potential, the jealousy will influence them into making a move. I know somebody who used it to get a girl to fall for him who had friend zoned him. And girls love to friend zone. Unfortunately he cheated a month afterward.

Archived