how many times a week/month do you people have sex?

MT1981

Its been literally 5 weeks since my gf and i had sex. We catch up every weekend (friday and saturday, and some sundays) - cos we are busy during the week. But the last few weekends, with xmas around the corner, and all these parties and weddings/engagment parties etc - she has been getting drunk heaps, and having hangovers - hence no sex for us.

Does this sound like trouble? Maybe shes bored of me? Is it wrong for me to feel that sex is an important part of the relationship, and that no sex means that we are in trouble?

edit: i have told her that im happy to catch up to see her during the week too - cos all i do at the moment is just work and gym/triathalon training....but i think shes too tired from work to catch up (which is fair enough) - hence why we only see each other on friday and saturdays. Oh and we have been together for 9 months (so we used to have sex weekly - when we started, up until about august or september)

It might just be that she's more tired right now. I wouldn't worry too much right now about her going off you or something.

Perhaps suggest to her to have a quiet romantic night in one weekend.. just the two of you.. no excuses of work/parties... find time for one another.. seems like you've lost having that. Even if you don't actually have sex, it'll perhaps give you both time to spend together, and maybe you might find out the reason why you perhaps haven't been sleeping together.

But you aren't silly in thinking sex isn't important in a relationship... but it isn't the be all and end all.

It might just be that she's more tired right now. I wouldn't worry too much right now about her going off you or something.

Perhaps suggest to her to have a quiet romantic night in one weekend.. just the two of you.. no excuses of work/parties... find time for one another.. seems like you've lost having that. Even if you don't actually have sex, it'll perhaps give you both time to spend together, and maybe you might find out the reason why you perhaps haven't been sleeping together.

But you aren't silly in thinking sex isn't important in a relationship... but it isn't the be all and end all.

true its not the be all end all - but i have noticed that shes not as affectionate, and isnt really into cuddling and all that.....i asked her why, and her answer was that her busy weeks might have made her overlook the affection when we do catch up......

Then maybe the best thing is to have a weekend to yourselves and see how it goes. Sit and talk. She might clam up a bit if you just come out and say "why dont you wnat to sleep with me anymore?"... cook her a nice dinner, maybe give her a massage to relax after work no strings attached??

Then maybe the best thing is to have a weekend to yourselves and see how it goes. Sit and talk. She might clam up a bit if you just come out and say "why dont you wnat to sleep with me anymore?"... cook her a nice dinner, maybe give her a massage to relax after work no strings attached??

yeah im planning on doing something special for her - but i always treat her good - like surprise her, take her out for dinner. I want to cook dinner, but im thinking that after doing all that could explain why shes a bit hesitant - she might think im too clingy

I would grab some movies and have a night in on the couch. I wouldn't go for the big gestures of romance and seduction until I knew if it was something that could be worked on. Keep it casual, and follow her lead if there's any affection. If there's nada, zip, zero interaction then I'd ask her straight out (but gently) if everything was okay and go from there. It might just be that it's her personality and she's comfortable showing it now the new relationship honeymoon period has faded.

Should I Stay Or Leave My Relations...
Should I Stay Or Leave My Relationship

Archived