When is a good time to set-up date?

jaysfan2000

During internet dating (i.e. met over the internet), when is a good time to give your phone number to the other person? When is a good time to ask for a first date? Personally, I hate email discussions as they get old/repetitive very quickly, and talking over the phone is really no different (IMO). I prefer meeting in person because that's where things can become more clear as far as attraction, body language, conversation, etc. I just don't want to ask for a date too soon. Right now, me and this girl have only exchanged one or two emails over a one day span, which is obviously way too soon, but when is generally a good time to take the next step (number+date), assuming interest is shown both ways?

I don't think it's too soon after exchanging emails for one or two days. I've been doing online dating for the past 6 months or so, and my personal preference is to meet the person as soon as possible. There is no point writing back and forth, and talking on the phone to someone you've never met in person is very awkward.

It's better to not invest too much time when you don't know if there will be chemistry with the person. I know as soon as I meet someone if there is potential, thereforee I like the super fast and speedy approach. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Archived