long distance family network

txblues

i visited my sister who lives about 4 hours away for the holiday; she met a friend at work and thought we should talk and see where things go; during the visit my sister shows me her friends facebook page so i could see what she looked like. she was a cute fun looking person; my sister has already asked for her friends number and told her about me.

the problem is as a shy, introverted, socially awkward guy, i don't know what to do with a number for a girl that lives 4 hours away; i've never had a gf before; told my sister i'm not a phone person, nor long distance person. the few phone calls, or texts, i've made to a girl was to arrange lunch, or going out at night. i don't have flirty phone skills nor can i chit chat constantly to build any type of phone rapport. what could i say?

i'm kinda interested but i think this is one i should just let go; its out of my league for now? any advice? should i just send a quick text?

If you are interested then don't let your hangups get in the way. Forget the text and just give her a call. You need to work on coming out of your shell and in order to do that you have to leave your comfort zone and work on feeling more comfortable talking to people and talking on the phone. This might be a perfect opportunity for you to become more self-confident because you can set up a rapport with her over the phone long before having the added pressure of meeting her.

Archived