This man and I dated and become bf-gf for 3 months. After our breakup, we became "friends with benefits" (sexual relationship with no strings attached). About a month ago I told him that I wanted a relationship but we both ended agreeing remaining "friends". So far friends has been described as hanging out: watching a movie, having dinner together, cuddling, snuggling, and sleeping on the same bed (w/o intercourse). So I guess currently we are "cuddle buddies". I know that we are not exclusive to each other and when we talk, we both avoid conversation about the other's dating escapades and such.

When we were officially gf-bf, I met his friends but after the breakup I was no longer invited to any hangouts with his friends-- a reasonable boundary, I guess.

Tonight, one of my closest friends invited him over to her birthday party tomorrow and I "OKed" that my friend can invite him. Upon invitation, he immediately said he will go. But now I am debating if having him in the party would actually cross that line into being gf-bf once again since my friend's party is full of my very close friends; even my mom is an attendee. The last time I talked to my friends, I had told them that we had broken up, how he did not really treat me well, and how I felt heartbroken.

So what do I do now? He already said he'd go to my friend's party. There's probably small a chance that he would think things through and bail but if not, what steps do take after this? Do I just politely tell him that it might not be a good idea to go or let him go and act "cool" towards him all night?

Because they met and we hang out one time when we were still gf/bf.

Right, so you, her and your then bf hung out one time and she knows you and him are no longer bf and gf but yet she invites him to the party without asking you first?

I think this is very rude and disrespectful of her.

My friend asked me first if she could invite him and I said why not. I did not think about the consequence of him being there until now. The question remains: should I take the ex-bf, current "cuddle buddy" to a party where my closest friends would be there probably wondering * * * is he doing there?

My friend asked me first if she could invite him and I said why not. I did not think about the consequence of him being there until now. The question remains: should I take the ex-bf, current "cuddle buddy" to a party where my closest friends would be there probably wondering * * * is he doing there?

The bottom line it doesnt matter what other people think but i personally would find it very awkward being in that situation with someone i used to be bf/gf with.

How are u coping still sharing the same bed?

The bottom line it doesnt matter what other people think but i personally would find it very awkward being in that situation with someone i used to be bf/gf with.

How are u coping still sharing the same bed?

When we hang out (and this is about three times a month) one usually stay over and we end up cuddling and sleeping on the same bed. I'm actually OK with this situation, as long as the cuddling and snuggling do not lead to sexual intercourse.

When we hang out (and this is about three times a month) one usually stay over and we end up cuddling and sleeping on the same bed. I'm actually OK with this situation, as long as the cuddling and snuggling do not lead to sexual intercourse.

You're brave, that's all i can say. There's no way i could get over my ex whilst hanging out with him 3x a week and have him sleep over!

Archived