work obsession

workaholic85

Well, I have never really posted in a relationship forum, but I find myself in a dilema that i have no one to talk to about.

I practically live at my office, so all of my friends are co-workers (My office manager is my best friend) and I can't talk to them about this without it getting around.

I work on a very special account which requires a lot of time. I have made it what it is along with the help of my customer (lets call him jack). We have been working together for about a year now and I find myself VERY attracted to him quite recently. We have gotten pretty close lately and even talk and hang out outside of work. I even find myself working extra hard on his account lately so that I can impress him (silly I know).

We talk and joke all the time, but with careers as stressful as ours it makes the day go by easier. He has even gotten to where he will call me or tell me to call him on our way home from work.

I guess what I am trying to say is that, how would I know how he actually feels about me without coming out and saying it. Its kind of hard for me to read him because he is much older than me and I dont know if he is just being friendly or he is actually flirting with me. can someone help?

This is easy. Invite him to dinner or for drinks and tell him you want to informally discuss some ideas you have for his account without the distractions of the other people at work. Just say you are busy and this is the only free time you have. If he bites, he probably likes you.

I was going to try to invite him for drinks this friday. 2 weeks ago I invited him to go with me to an autoshow and we went after work on saturday and got back at about 8 and ended up sitting in his truck until 12am talking about all kinds of things, work, personal whatever but what really got me thinking (and someone please help me analyze this one) is that after about 45 min of sitting there, we started talkin about how hard we both work (not in a negative way) how much we have helped each other accomplish in the past year. He took this necklace that he has this flashy gold ring on and (he was doing this as I was talking) strated trying it on every one of my fingers. I finally asked him what he was doing and he said "at the end of every year/quater close I get something flashy or outrageously expensive just because" he told me the ring suits me.

At about 12 when we decided it was a night I held my hand out for him to take it off and he did (I have never seen him wear this ring until that following monday he had it on.

That's what I thought too. About 2 months ago we were on the phone going over some financial stuff and I told him I couldn't find something in my email that I had sent him and he said he would send it to me but I had to send him an email saying "I owe you one big ass favor". So I eventally gave in and sent it to him and he keeps teasing me and saying "you better be worried about when I am going to call in that favor"

I don't want to think I am obsessed with this man, I just enjoy being around him and I want to know how he feels but if he doesn't feel this way, and I ask or try something it could mean career suicide.

I agree it sounds like flirty behaviour on his part. I'm sure if he is interested in more that he will make a move at some point.

I know it must be frustrating but given that you are concerned about damaging your career you'll probably just have to wait and see and just be receptive to him as you have been.

I agree it sounds like flirty behaviour on his part. I'm sure if he is interested in more that he will make a move at some point.

I know it must be frustrating but given that you are concerned about damaging your career you'll probably just have to wait and see and just be receptive to him as you have been.

This will be the hard part. Waiting it out. He keeps making suggestions about inviting me to his house to show me some of his videos when he did jetski racing and I tease him about making him wash me car for me. We try to make plans to go do something but work always seems to get in the way. He even drove by my office one sat when I was working to show off his new car.

I think the most frustrating part about it is just simply not knowing for sure how he feels

I believe we will be since he and I are constantly building compacity and working on expansion of our program. It is a longterm contract and he refuses to let me work on anything but his account and he said my company will have the account as long as I am there and if I left he would be out of there.

I think if he does feel the same, he is waiting for us to not be as busy as we are with the end of the forth quarter coming up.

Yeah I know, but i am the one that asked him to go to the autoshow, and he went. He picked me up from my office when i was getting out of work, opened doors for me and everything.

He tells me that he had never met another female that was into cars and motorcycles the way I am and he finds that interesting.

I feel like I could just listen to him talk about things forever, we hold great conversation for hours.

He has also inspired me to be a better person and encourages me to do things that I like to do (and not too mention we have so much in common). I think I am having a hard time reading him because of our large age gap.

My mother said better be an old mans darling than a young mans fool.

If you have cars in common you are a shoe in. my brother is a mtoring journalist and his wife loves cars. If you have something like that in common its a dealmaker no matter who is younger or by how much.I prefer dogs.

I like that expression. I have never heard that before, but it fits I am not into guys my age. I had to mature alot faster than most and I feel like I am a few years ahead of everyone else (maturity-wise).

Not many people I know my age (or older for that matter) have a house and a car (almost paid for) a career as a special projects account manager for an export company and can have almost anything they want. (I am 23 yrs old)

I just hope it is more than a "friend interesting". Its not everyday that I meet someone that I am interested in and can discuss anything from cars to profit margins in the stock market.

Archived