Where are all the attractive people in the world?!?

Traveler27
True Beauty Consists Not In Beautif...
True Beauty Consists Not In Beautiful Appearance But In Inner Beauty Of Character

I just can't seem to find anyone who really attracts me. I know I have somewhat high standards (not unreasonable, though) and a unique preference with regards to looks, but more often then not, I just don't see anyone out there who interests me.

I'm currently doing online dating and you would think with all the thousands of people to choose from, that I would find someone, but I rarely ever do.

Ladies (and guys too) do you ever have difficulty finding people you are attracted to? I am so worried I will never find a long-term relationship again because no one out there is appealing to me.

I just can't seem to find anyone who really attracts me. I know I have somewhat high standards (not unreasonable, though) and a unique preference with regards to looks, but more often then not, I just don't see anyone out there who interests me.

I'm currently doing online dating and you would think with all the thousands of people to choose from, that I would find someone, but I rarely ever do.

Ladies (and guys too) do you ever have difficulty finding people you are attracted to? I am so worried I will never find a long-term relationship again because no one out there is appealing to me.

Maybe you don't want to find anybody atractive? Any real person that is, just some hyper-idealized view of someone?

All I can say is give people a chance.

I've known my boyfriend for over 6 years and he's always been good looking but never in the forefront of my mind. I never thought of him in any way, aside from being a cutie. Then I got to know him and I have never been so attracted to anyone in my life. I didn't know he was right under my nose.

That may sound cliche, but I'm telling you...attraction requires a little effort to be coerced out for you to see it.

Maybe you don't want to find anybody atractive? Any real person that is, just some hyper-idealized view of someone?

No, this isn't true. Of course I want to find people attractive! It would make dating a lot easier. I don't have any grand idealized views of what an attractive man (in my case) should look like. I know the post may come accross as superficial, and, well it is, but I am honestly not finding anyone I find attractive. It is a legitimate concern when you're dating.

No, this isn't true. Of course I want to find people attractive! It would make dating a lot easier. I don't have any grand idealized views of what an attractive man (in my case) should look like. I know the post may come accross as superficial, and, well it is, but I am honestly not finding anyone I find attractive. It is a legitimate concern when you're dating.

Of course it is a concern, and a valid one. But keep in mind that as you approach your age range, the most suitable candidates begin to leave the dating pool. Guys you probably could be interested in, are otherwise taken and the single ones are likely not doing online dating. You may need to adjust what you deem as attractive and focus on inner qualities.

Traveler. I feel the exact same way. I rarely see attractive guys. In person or online. I am also 'selective' and I have found guys attractive in the past, but more often than not the guys I see I just am not attracted to and can't imagine hugging, kissing or cudling with them. I wonder if its me if I am not normal but then I remember that there are still some guys I do like the problem is they are usually in high demand (and just so you know I don't go for traditionally hot types either).. Its hard out there.

Traveler. I feel the exact same way. I rarely see attractive guys. In person or online. I am also 'selective' and I have found guys attractive in the past, but more often than not the guys I see I just am not attracted to and can't imagine hugging, kissing or cudling with them. I wonder if its me if I am not normal but then I remember that there are still some guys I do like the problem is they are usually in high demand (and just so you know I don't go for traditionally hot types either).. Its hard out there.

Thank you, sparx! It's good to know I'm not the only one. I also don't find those guys deemed "hot" to be that appealing either. It's hard to explain, but I just know what is attractive when I see it. The man's face in particular is very important to me - I like unique features and I have to feel strongly attracted to someone to make-out and/or get intimate. I did meet one guy that was my ideal "type", but alas, we are located on different continents so it could never be.

Hope you find someone soon.

I have a hard time finding someone attractive in person unless they have a great personality. Show me a picture of an attractive woman, and I'll think otherwise, but if I get to know her and she has the personality of dry rot, I'm instantly turned off. I won't want to get to know her, and I certainly wouldn't want to date her.

On the other hand, an average to slightly above average person can become beautiful in my eyes if she has a great personality.

It's funny, this thread confirms a study I read about ten months ago. The study found that most women pick a mate as if he were a fashion accessory. This is why one of many reasons most women tend to be so competitive with how other women look at them.

This explains a lot. Also, why inexperienced men (like me) fail with the majority of women.

I think that it will just come naturally. You will feel attracted to someone when you don't really expect it! The last guy that I liked - I didn't even notice how cute he really was until he spoke to me. I had seen him before (we were in the same class in college), but it wasn't until i sat at the same table as him and he made me laugh or he spoke with me that he really stood out to me. After that, i couldn't get him off of my mind lol. I think it comes naturally, out of the blue!

Archived