cmlv

Why do I feel like lonely/sad? Most of the time that's why I feel, like I'm missing something in life. Maybe because I dont have a GF. If I had a GF, would I still feel the same way? I havent had a relationship, had a GF 3-4 years ago but didnt last long & wasnt like a real relationship

It is depression?

Here is a thought. If you are unhappy with yourself, how is adding another person to the mix going to help?

What if you are depressed and you get a girlfriend and she leaves you because you are depressed?

I'm not trying to sound pessimistic truly I am not.

But if you have some problems with you that you need to work out, I think it's best you work them out while you are not in a relationship.

Then when you do get together with someone you can focus on being together.

I agree with Allie\Elaine you might want to be checked for depression. Talk to your family doctor, if it is mild or situational he may give you something to help.

And finally you are a teenager, it's normal to have a lot going on including depression. Many young people go through what you are experiencing, you are not alone, ask your doc he\she will tell you.

What if you are depressed and you get a girlfriend and she leaves you because you are depressed?

...Then she's not worth any effort, but that's just my opinion.

I feel lonely a lot and most of the time it has a lot to do with one of two things: having a lot on on my about stressful, sad things, or, because I'm simply alone in the physical form--after all, a house seems pretty empty without television and nobody to talk to (unless you're a monk).

It can be a fun thing, sometimes, to be by yourself. It can even be healthy, but if you feel like crap, then obviously, it's past it's shelf-life of "goodness". It's time to get out and do something: call some friends, go see a movie, go hang out at the mall, go to a library, etc. If you have a good family, hang out with them.

You have many options, so try to take advantage of them for now and see where it takes you.

Archived