Been a year...

MNmike

and I feel really sad today. She broke up with me a 2 days before thanksgiving last year. A haven't seen her since Oct 07. Tried to contact her last March, just to say hello. No response. Haven't tried since.

Its just so sad to have had someone in your life for 5 1/5 years. And suddenly nothing at all. It still hurts bad some days. I have a cloud over me at times. She did break up with me for someone else. That hurt more than anything. If shes happy, thats good. I'd still like to just be able to say hi, or see how she is once in a while.

But obviously she does not feel that way. Doesn't care, and that in itself is unbelievable. Seems the person I knew for so long doesn't exist anymore. She really surprised me. In a very bad way.

I've had a couple short relationships since. Someone I met a couple months ago was here last night. She drove 70 miles to see me. We went out, had fun. She stayed over. But I feel empty. Shes a great person. Sweet, kind, considerate, thinks I'm great. Yet, I don't really feel anything.

I have had some good things start with women in the last year. But they ended not so good. Not because I did something, but they ended up being self centered and felt that lies are acceptable.

I still have hope, I know there are many great people out there. I just need to find peace with what my ex did, and within myself. It has turned out to be no easy task, and I'm not sure just what it is I need to do to find it.

it always surprises me to find someone on this board that is going through the same phase that I'm experiencing..

I too was with my ex for 5 1/2 years and its been a bit over 7 months since we broke up. I also have gone out with girls and I always feel empty at the end. I always end up thinking about my ex and comparing the new girl with her... it's ridiculous. At this point, I think what we really do need is cloture.

You haven't spoken to your ex in quite a while but you kinda got the hint that she doesn't want to speak with you, I have been on NC for the past 5 months, only writing to her twice before that. Lately I've been feeling like crap and lonely since no other girl i've met so far can really feel my void(i know sounds selfish). When I get those emotions I write a letter to my ex, but I don't send it. While I'm typing it, I think to myself I will send it, just to really let out my emotions, but I don't.

I don't really know what I'm gonna end up doing. I do need the cloture and I don't know if one day I'll just end up sending her an email.

seems to be something about 5 1/2 years here, same as myself , sudden breakup ,wanted space, strung me along for 6 mths then treated me like something youd find on your shoe.

couldnt understand how i went from hero to zero so quick, i was willing to be friends and she said she was too but would never ring or text, i got fed up with that and went NC and its been 15 weeks now.

Mike it took me 18mths to get my act together but im over her now, im still disappointed that she treated me with no respect but hey its her loss. why would i want someone in my life that doesnt even afford me common courtesy. you need to concentrate on leading your own life and push the thoughts of her out of your mind.

create new dreams and hopes (bigger and better) and leave her in the past. You wont find peace with what your ex did but you will in yourself when you realise that you do not control the actions or feelings of someone else.

you have it within yourself to take control of your life and start afresh, in the same way that a forest fire appears to have destroyed everything, what it has actually done is get rid of the deadwood inorder to start afresh.

youve had your fire, you now can start afresh and rebuild everything again, thats how you get closure , you can only take control of your own actions -------so do so!!

I still have hope, I know there are many great people out there. I just need to find peace with what my ex did, and within myself. It has turned out to be no easy task, and I'm not sure just what it is I need to do to find it.

When you do...let us know as well. Its hard to accept it when you had no say in the decision. She made the decision to leave and you're left to deal with it.

Sometimes, it doesn't even feel like it happened and if she came back into your life, you think you can just pick up where you left off...and then reality hits and you realize she's moved on, so you need to as well. It's just getting your head to understand that thats the hard part, and getting your heart to let go isn't an easy task either.

Archived