How do you "pull back?"

I am not the type of person to hide my feelings or emotions very well.When I love I love hard.I love affection,smells, messages, emails, love notes...all the

things that come with being "into" someone. So it is extremely hard for me to stop all those things I love to do when I am into someone......in order to NOT love them anymore. I know most of it is habit breaking but dammit it's hard!

So how does one "Pull back??" Is it something as simple as just not returning a phone call or email?? Where do you start?

I am not the type of person to hide my feelings or emotions very well.When I love I love hard.I love affection,smells, messages, emails, love notes...all the

things that come with being "into" someone. So it is extremely hard for me to stop all those things I love to do when I am into someone......in order to NOT love them anymore. I know most of it is habit breaking but dammit it's hard!

So how does one "Pull back??" Is it something as simple as just not returning a phone call or email?? Where do you start?

Hi Mending,

Did you and a SO break up? Hope you're OK.

I'm going through this too. I'm tired of being nice and getting not much in return. Either you'll have to pull back before you get really hurt, or you'll get to the point when you'll realize: Wow, I've been putting way more emotions, time, thought, effort into being nice and hoping to bring them back, and I'm getting NOTHING back at all. Then it all hits you, and you'll learn how to pull back real quick.

Since I can't go back and request NC again, I'm starting to get short, indifferent, and vague with my replies to her emails, calls, or texts. Simple one line answers should send the message that you're pulling back and don't really care anymore. Even though you may care a lot. Oh.........and NEVER initiate contact.

Archived