Holding me back untill i sell?

SevenDays

i work at footlocker and my manager says we have to sell, lets say 3 pairs of socks or laces anything like that, most customers dont buy so its not my fault so is it legal for him to hold me back at work until i sell any...even tho i make at least 1000 dollars of selling shoes

sneakers daily?

I'll tell you the reason why people dont but them. When I go to Footlocker or Champs Sports to buy shoes, one of the first things that the sales represenative that is serving me does is try to sell me insoles. When I went to go buy my Timbs a fews ago, the guys goes to me here try one with these insoles and try one without. Little did he know I needed them cause I buy my Timbs a size bigger. Back in August when I went to buy my Timberland Wallabe's, the guy again tried to sell me insoles that go on the heel. I didn't buy those ones. Its the way you guys approach the customer and try to cross sell them socks or laces or whatever it may be.

Every now and then two of the managers come up me and my coworkes, I work retail in the outdoor living (seasonal) department, and are pushing us to cross sell merchandise. We sell a lawnmower, the will question if it was gas did you sell them oil or if electric did you sell them an extension cord. They come up and give us grief so these little things. Now one who comes and buys an electric lawnmower knows they need and extenstion cord and 9/10 times they have one, and if they dont they ask where can I get one. If I really wanted to be a jerk to the hardware manager I could get after him for not informing customers that a building permit is required for the installation of wood burning stoves, we sell wood buring stoves, none of his employees know that.

Archived