How much weight do you gain during your period?

lana111

This is my second period since I stopped taking the pill. When Im on the pill I barely have a period... no/slight bleeding, cramping, bloating, back pain... nada. I guess the last time I had my period I was still filled with the BC hormones bc it didnt hurt at all.

Well when I got my period today I felt it. Actually left work a few hours early bc it was so bad.

Anywho, today when I got dressed a pair of slacks I wore that are usually loose were snug. I got on the scale and gained 6 pounds! I mean, I know you retain water when you have your period and gain weight, but 6 pounds! Anyone else gain this much? I weighed myself last week so I know my period is the culprit.

I have never had this happen before, but it has been many years since Ive had a period without BC and I guess my body has changed.

Ugh. Now I feel like the ladies in those Midol commercials where they cant get their pants on.

Lana, How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Because this past year it seems to just have appeared out of nowhere.

I never believed my mom or sisters or anyone about once you hit 30 your body changes. Eck!

Consider yourselves lucky.... I gain around 10-15 lbs EVERY period. As soon as the blood comes though, it's like I shrink back to my normal size. I look like a balloon for seven days. It is horrid.

wow! you make me feel good about my 6!

do you have to have a special outfit you wear when youre bloated? thats a whole size bigger!

A special outfit??? I have a whole "PMS" wardrobe which consists of sweatpants, workout pants, and oversized jackets. It's really bad. I have been to countless gynocologists and they all want to put me on the pill. The thing is I used to be on the pill (four different kinds over the course of three years) and it made me soooo depressed, anxious, and I gained weight.

At least without the pill I gain the weight, but it slides right off after I get my period. It is very frustrating though. I am 23 and have always been like this since I got my period.

hahahaha a whole wardrobe lol. i cant be on the pill right now bc it gave me bad acne. i cant go on it again, if at all, till my dr appointment which is in a month. i never even knew what bloating felt like until today! im so grateful for the pill bc it practically takes away my period.

5-10 pounds (and I am on a no sodium diet - cannot tolerate salt ever). Hormones and stress affect the amount of weight I put on, as does the amount of calcium I get in my diet, and (icky) constipation that can come during PMS.

I'm in perimenopause so I can have this twice in one month now and then. Definitely have the multi size wardobe thing going now - 0,2, and 4

A special outfit??? I have a whole "PMS" wardrobe which consists of sweatpants, workout pants, and oversized jackets. It's really bad. I have been to countless gynocologists and they all want to put me on the pill. The thing is I used to be on the pill (four different kinds over the course of three years) and it made me soooo depressed, anxious, and I gained weight.

At least without the pill I gain the weight, but it slides right off after I get my period. It is very frustrating though. I am 23 and have always been like this since I got my period.

I couldn't tolerate the pill. Made me faint! So 38 years old, never been on birth control.

Archived