So annoyed and frustrated

Long story short, my ex treated me very badly and I finally had enough back in April. I left and haven't really looked back. I still haven't really found anyone I'm happy with, but that is totally alright. I'm not going to settle just to be in a relationship. We were together for a 1 1/2 years before I had to just walk away. During the time, he begged for his ex fiance back on myspace and was constantly meeting random girls and texting them. I just really don't care anymore, so I'm not upset about the past.

I'm upset that I've deleted him number and asked him for months now to just please leave me alone. Every few days or every week he will send a random text. The first few months were him begging for me to give him a chance that he changed. Now he sends me texts to try to be his friend. Today was the icing on the cake though, he texts me to tell me that I was the prettiest girl he ever dated. He has a girlfriend though and he continues to text me. So again I said please leave me alone and don't disrespect your girlfriend by texting me. He told me that I shouldn't assume he wants me back, which I'm not because I could care less, and that he is happy with his girlfriend. Good, I'm actually happy about that because I just want left alone. So then he texts me to say he's deleting my pictures and I am childish that I wont be his friend.

Am I seriously childish for not being his friend? I don't understand how that is possible. I just want to be left alone because he sends me these texts and it just puts me in a horrible mood. I want to change my number but it is such a hassle.

I guess I mainly needed to vent and get an opinion of whether I am wrong for not wanting to be his friend. I saw the way he treated me before and I don't feel the need to have friends like that.

](*,)

You made the right decision for yourself, in fact, based on your description, he is a very emotionally needy and unstable man, he doesn't know what he wants and he needs validation from women. he is not a strong man at all...that is why he treatly you badly...

Well, if you think you can handle being friends and truly doesn't care, then yes be friends, since it doesn't cost you anything, BUT if being friends cost you some emotional angst, then NO, don't be his friend and tell him to leave you alone. Do you know why he still bugs you? It's not about you that he wants, he even said it and has a new GF, it is about his ego, his ego needs to make sure you're not rejecting him. His ego tells him "if she is still friends with me, then I am a worthy person". Remember this guy has tons of issues. I dealt with a guy like that as well, my recent ex. They are so insecure and so weak as a person, they need to feel that you are still their friend and you are not rejecting them and their ego. It's not about friendship, it is about his selfishness.....

Hope this all makes sense.. so if it doesn't cost you anything, go ahead, if it cost you even half a cent, don't bother... he just wants you to "want" him and be his friend, it's not a real caring friendship, all ego talking....

Thank you! I think you definitely nailed it right on the head here. I really have no idea what his motives are and I've continously asked just to be left alone. I dont think it would be a fair friendship either way because like you said, he just needs to feel that he is not rejected. I think on my end to be friends would cause me angst because I know now that I am completely annoyed and irritated when he texts me before I even read it. Probably because I know it will just entail drama and childishness.

Archived