Majorly unhappy at the moment

Bradster

I wouldn't say I am depressed but I am in a seriously gloomy frame of mind at the moment.

I told my best friend I had feelings for her, she was really supportive and I told her I didn't want to ruin our friendship over it and just wanted to clear the air, she still has a boyfriend and knowing I have feelings for a girl that will never have them back for me in that way is a real downer.

I am bored of my every day routine, if you have ever heard of the expression, "Same * * * * , different day", you will know what I mean. I talk to the same people and do the same thing everyday without fail, I go to college, I go to work, I go out with my friends on Fridays and don't meet anyone new.

In an addition to that our friendship circle is really * * * * * y and they moan constantly which kinda makes me feel even worst.

I am sexually fustrated, being 18, still a virgin to everything and having a real lack of self confidence. I never meet anyone new so I keep thinking I will never find a descent girl to spend my time with.

This isn't a long streak of unhappiness, a few months ago I was having a good time with my girlfriend and felt really hyper all the time and joyful, then she broke up for reasons I still don't know to this date 100%.

People tell me it can only get better but as some of you may know, when you are this close to depression it doesn't really matter what anyone says, you will never listen to what anyone says and nothing can really bring you up, it's up to me, but what can I do? I wish there was an instant fix but there isn't.

Please give me some advice to help me out of this horrible phase

I have been thinking about doing this exact thing but I don't have any idea where I could go, I've thought about going to a pub for once with friends as all we do is sit in my parents shed at the back of the garden or go down to our local lake.

I have even considered trying to get out with a friend of mine who has his own friendship circle but I don't want to just invite myself out. They all drive around in cars and meet up at places and chat, I think it would be a different atmosphere no matter how dull it sounds, once I pass my driving test I am sure he will invite me out, just have to wait until then.

Don't know what to do in the mean time to make me feel better

I think first you need to stop with the negative thoughts about never meeting a decent girl to spend time with. You're eighteen and you have lots of time, so don't put pressure on yourself about that.

If your daily routine is getting you down, try something new. Is there anything that you're interested in that you'd like to pursue? Maybe set a goal to do something out of the ordinary at least once a week. Make a list of things you think you might like explore and then look for ways that you can make that happen. Little by little, things will become more interesting for you and you'll be out of this phase.

Dream about your ex
Dream about your ex

Archived