How to act after being flaked on?

JonathanJonathan

Hey y'all, Jon here. I was supposed to go on a date today, but I got flaked on because she got a speeding ticket and also had to drop off her friend. This seems to happen plenty to me, and I always play the understanding/pushover role by saying "It's alright. These things happen." and other responses of that nature.

What would be the best way to act in this situation? I have a feeling acting "understanding" portrays me as a pushover, as if she could possibly get away with things like this without consequence. But then again I don't want to blow lava out of my head because it just isn't me.

Any suggestions on which response I should lean more toward: understanding, anger, disappointment, austere? Thanks in advance.

Hey y'all, Jon here. I was supposed to go on a date today, but I got flaked on because she got a speeding ticket and also had to drop off her friend. This seems to happen plenty to me, and I always play the understanding/pushover role by saying "It's alright. These things happen." and other responses of that nature.

What would be the best way to act in this situation? I have a feeling acting "understanding" portrays me as a pushover, as if she could possibly get away with things like this without consequence. But then again I don't want to blow lava out of my head because it just isn't me.

Any suggestions on which response I should lean more toward: understanding, anger, disappointment, austere? Thanks in advance.

I would stick with - that's cool - just plain and simple and then leave it up to her to make the next move.

Don't get:

angry - or you'll love overemotional and controlling

disappointed / sad - you'll look needy / desperate

Although I think her excuses are dumb to be honest!

Ammy

has she ever done this to you before? if not, then give her the benefit of a doubt. there is no harm in being understanding for the first offense.

however... i'm not sure why she couldn't go out with you because of a speeding ticket? i might take this with a grain of salt if i were you.

in my opinion, even though the excuse is lame, you could let her off the hook for it and try to reschedule. if she flakes on you AGAIN, however, then i think it's time for you to cut your losses. in this case, whatever the excuse may be, just simply tell her "i understand, i'll talk to you another time, then." and leave it at that. then do not contact her again unless she makes an effort.

good luck!

I just went through this. Except i made the mistake and asked her to go out a different day. I would suggest not even talking, txt, call unless she does. However, atleast do not make plans again to take her out.

In my situation, i still dont know if it was all a lie, or if after the first date she lost interest but i know she flaked once, she flaked twice. No matter how much u know this girl, or like this girl, dont go after her. Let her come to you, if she is interested she will. If she is not, she wont, and u can forget about her.

How i wished i knew before i made the mistake.

TikTok Advice For Relationships Suc...
TikTok Advice For Relationships Sucks

Archived