I am 36 year old woman. I had relationship for 7 years with beautiful girl. We were really close, and talked about spending our life togeather. Unfortunately I have to move to another coutry and ofcourse I asked her to come with me. But she told me that she will join me after year. As soon as I left her, month after she called me and said that she is very happy to be herself infact she is dating a older man. I try to understand her situation being alone, even though I cried and felt helpless. Then she broke up with him moved on to another man. I went back to see her, she told me that we can never be same again. She don't want me to touch her or kiss her. I don't know what happen to all our dreams. She said she loves me as Friend, and care about me and I should respect her idea. I cannot stop thinking about her and losing her for man is too much to take. Now she calls me sometime to tell me how wonderful her boyfriend is etc., I don't know what to do. I feel if I stop calling her then I will lose her, if I call her then I get hurt listening her newly found life. I cannot believe I spend 7 years with her and we were soooo close and it only took her month to change completely. What should I do...

please help

• 9 months later...

Move on with your life. It's time to leave this relationship behind. Remember that song by Sting? "If you love somebody, set them free"

There's a lot of truth in that. It will hurt initially, but at the end of the day, you will realise that you will be happy knowing that your ex is happy too. Going back to it will only result in more damages being done.

Be strong! 8)

I think it is rather rude of her to tell you about her new life and new love. That is pretty shallow-hearted. I would tell her that this bothers you. That you want to keep talking to her and be at least friends, but it is too hurtful for you to hear about her new relationship. Also, I wanted to say that some people hide their attraction to the same sex because they dont want to face change and are comfotable being interested in the opposite sex. Maybe she is feeling this in reverse. She may have enjoyed lesbianism, but heterosexual relationships may be more of her taste and she was afarid to admit that to herself before. Or, there is always the possibility that she is just playing the field to see what it is she really wants. But I thing that the important thing here is that she needs to understand that your hear is hurting for her and you would preffer her not to tell you every last detail of her new life. Communication is very important in ANY relationship whether it be intimate or friendship...

Hi ndlw,

I am sorry for what you are going through. I can understand that this is very difficult for you to understand.

I don't have much more advice than other members already have given you. I just wanted to send you some extra comfort and support and I do hope that you will find happiness again.

Good luck!

~ SwingFox ~

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• How To Make A Woman Want You Sexually (Guide To Building Her Interest And Sexual Attraction)
      Learn how to make a woman want you sexually! In today's video we're talking about sexual attraction and how you make a woman want you! We're going to be discussing some useful tips you can put to work to get a woman interested in you and building that sexual desire. Often men think they know exactly what women want, men in sports cars with big houses a big wallet and a bad boy attitude. This might be what the ladies want in movies but not in real life it's very different. To know what a lady wants you need to understand what you need to do to make her want you sexually. Imagine if you knew the secret formula to do this, the one that tells you exactly what women want sexually. The formula would let you know exactly what you need to do to get a woman to fall into your arms, sounds too good to be true right? Well it's not! It's as easy as being mindful of your own behaviour and adopting steel-proof boundaries. Want to know some more? Well don't move an inch.

• 0 replies
    • How to know when he's really fallen in LOVE
      You’re falling in love with your man deeper every day, but you don’t know if he feels the same way for you. It’s natural to want to know his feelings for you. What happens when he doesn’t say it or he’s not the type to say that? His actions tell you he loves you, but you could be wrong, right? So how do you know when he’s really in love with you? It’s not always so easy, but it’s not impossible either!

• 0 replies
    • 6 Psychological Secrets of Attraction
      Knowing whether or not someone is “into you” can be incredibly difficult if they don’t explicitly say it. In this video, we will be looking at some psychological secrets of attraction.

• 0 replies
    • This Healing Mindset That Helps Overcome Trauma Symptoms
      If you grew up with neglect and abuse, you've needed time to talk about what happened, and how parents and others treated you. But THEN what? Once you've acknowledged the past and gained an understanding of how you developed symptoms of trauma, how can you overcome those symptoms, and move forward with building a happy and fulfilled life? In this video I teach about the two general categories of comments I see on my channel, and what that suggestions about the commenter's readiness to heal.

• 0 replies
    • "I Want A Girlfriend" Do THIS First
      I want a girlfriend. Have you ever found yourself thinking "I want a girlfriend" but you're not quite sure if you're actually ready for one? Before you go about doing anything else it's important to make sure that you actually need a girlfriend right now.

• 0 replies