Addicted to text messages =[

suzexxx

Does anyone else get scared or worried if a partner doesnt text back for a few hours or a day or more?

I get really scared that somethings up and it makes me want to text my boyfriend even more. I know this isnt healthy and sometimes i wish i didnt have a phone at all. How can i just relax? =[

x

You're not alone in this! I'm exactly the same in a relationship, it's my major relationship flaw, lol, I put disproportionate emphasis on texting and virtual conversations, etc.

It's so hard, though, isn't it? You see your friends texting their bfs and you wonder why they aren't texting you, even though there's usually a legitimate reason behind it! You feel like you can't tell your bf cos he'll think you're clingy and neurotic. I know! Plus, some people just naturally text more than others. Some couples text literally 24-7, others once a day, others a text convo every couple days.

I guess, if I have any advice,it's that you should remember that, ultimately, actions speak louder than words, and 'real-life' communication is always more important and significant than texting or whatever. There could be a multitude of reasons why someone doesn't text you, and the majority of the time they're not linked to them being distant or not liking you, it's just circumstancial.

just try and remember that it's the time you spend with him that's important.

I think the main reason that i am the way i am is because my boyfriend has communication issues. Sometimes he'll go really cold and not text for a while and if that happens i know there is something we need to talk about.

Recently he told me he needed space and i gave him that. He then realised he'd missed me and started behaving normally again as if nothing had happened. That was less than two weeks ago, so im guessing im just scared it will happen again. Hence me getting scared because he hasnt text me.

I know that if he hasnt text me by this evening i will be dying to call him just to hear his voice and to check everything is ok.

Im glad im not alone.

x

Archived