my 13 y.o. is pulling the pudding

gooey

it was inevitable i guess, lord knows i would be wearing binoculars over contacts and bifocals if all the stories about going blind were true

im not quite sure how to discuss it with him though or if i should at all. he seems to spend a lot of time in his room and even in the mornings before going to school he leaves his pillows in the in/appropriate position.

once i even picked his clothes off the floor after he left and i touched a wet spot

what do i say? "its ok but id rather not know", "do it in the bathroom", "drains the energy"...?

my parents never talked to me about except my mom telling me once to stop..er..."depositing" in the sock drawer

I think that this is an individual and private experience and it is best to just accept the fact that it is completely normal and I wouldn't even mention it. I can't see why you would need to let him know that you know. In fact I would be proud to know that my son is maturing into a young man and mentally wish him well on all of his "pudding" endevours because it truly is a great thing.

I also feel that it kept me regulated and this in many ways detoured me from going out and looking for "assistance."

I do agree that it would be a good idea to have a side conversation to talk about sex and safe sex,diseases, pregnancy, and how it is a special experience that should be saved for someone special, etc. Good luck- and watch out for that sock drawer!

Oh MY!! I am not looking forward to this at all. Especially when I will be a single mom at the time.

THANKS ALOT FOR THE REMINDER!!!! lol

Hopefully, I would be able to get his dad to talk to him about it. If I were you I would broach the subject gently and letting him know it is natural and you do/did it too.

it's no big deal...tell him you found it...and that he needs to clean up after himself...make it a funny conversation...not weird and it'll be that way...even though he'll be embarrassed, it'll be no big deal.

my dog once ran down the stairs unknown to me with a used condom in it's mouth and dropped it off at my moms feet....when I was 17. It's no big deal.

Remind him that Jerking is Ok and talk about what is acceptable to you...conversing about sex is good....healthy.

If you don't talk, you allow all the -'s to creep in.

Archived