international student- are they worth dating or is it waste of time and effort

joe45

would u date a international student u knew who was going just stay here for a yr or less. do ou think its worth the time , effort, and money. they be from korea, japan, taiwan,.....etc. i mean they would be leaving in 6 months, 1 yr or 2 yr and after that you won;t see em anymore and that ur just wasting ur effort, time and money.

i'm a cbc candian guy and i just find that if they just here temporary and not here long term what the point . i mean they will leave and if u do fall in love its so hard to get citizenship in korea and japan . its a big process and ur degree might not even be of use in japan or korea and u mioght have to do a crap job when u get there.

i mean you have to spend money on her if u ask her out and it adds up-movie, dining out....etc and then after a while shes leaves to her country- you don;t think thats a waste of hard earned money. its like all ur effort and time, money is loss

what do you guys think. would u date or would u not date a international student. reasons to as to why or why not.

i mean if ur just loooking for sex after 3rd date its ok, but are they that easy lol . the ones i met seemed pretty consverative haha

I'm a woman and if an international student asked me out, if he was hot enough, I'd date him. But I wouldn't take him seriously unless I accidently fell in love b/c he would be leaving. Its pretty pointless but sometimes things happen and you can't help having feelings for someone that you're in constant contact with.

i mean you have to spend money on her if u ask her out and it adds up-movie, dining out....etc and then after a while shes leaves to her country- you don;t think thats a waste of hard earned money. its like all ur effort and time, money is loss

wow, with that attitude towards women, you'll get far.

Hmm, actually I can understand it. Times are tight and if you are spending money on someone, you're hoping that it leads somewhere...I mean, it doesn't suggest prostitution or anything, but money/time...all of that is an investment of sorts even if its one that for a relationship.

i mean if ur just loooking for sex after 3rd date its ok, but are they that easy lol . the ones i met seemed pretty consverative haha

This makes me think.

"They seemed pretty conservative" is this that really bothers? No offense

Hmm, actually I can understand it. Times are tight and if you are spending money on someone, you're hoping that it leads somewhere...I mean, it doesn't suggest prostitution or anything, but money/time...all of that is an investment of sorts even if its one that for a relationship.

i agree that relationships are all about investment - do you want to invest in this person or not.... but i think the way he said it, in terms of money, makes it sound like prostitution. i mean, there's a difference between saying, 'i don't want to waste money on a girl who is moving' vs. 'i don't want to get attached to someone who is moving away.'

life is full of all sorts of possibilities. i am still friends with guys who were exchange students and we dated. they were good experiences, even if we aren't together anymore, i learned and experienced so much.

but saying, 'i don't want to buy dinner for a girl who is leaving the country' is just so.... ick.

Joe, your attitude towards women blows.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think it depends on how serious you want to get with this person. If it's just a fun, casual thing I'd go for it, but if you're expecting a long-term commitment then it's probably not the best idea.

I've had flings with a few international students, and I've never regretted it. We knew that in a few months there was a good chance we'd never see each other again, so we just enjoyed each other while we could and didn't take it too seriously. It was kinda nice because there were no strings attached and no expectations beyond the here and now. And who doesn't want someone with a hot foreign accent whispering in their ear.

I don't really date someone unless I really like them though. Its just me, but I just feel like I'm wasting my time if I absolutely for sure know this won't lead anywhere. Who wants the pain of having someone leave?

I'd only date one if I was serious and really really liked them b/c I tend to hate LDRs a lot.

I wouldn't date an international. I'm too ABC for that. Plus yeah, it's a waste of time and effort if you're looking long-term (marriage) and you don't want to leave and they dont' want to leave their home country.

yeah, it depends. if you are in a position to move, you can always move along with them. or, they may choose to stay in the country and ask for an extended visa. you never know what life may bring!

Archived