Got 2nd date? Or not?

somethngwrng

In October I met a girl online and met up with her only days after initiating contact. She was absolutely stunning and very funny. The night seemed to go pretty well, and we planned to meet up that weekend. You should note that I met her through an ad which was for friendship.. however she was emailing me photos of herself which seemed to suggest something else, and I was complimenting her. We went to a bar and more or less sat around just talking, playing pool and smoking (I've since given up, lol). At the end of the night I more or less followed her to her car and gave her a hug.

Now the next day, I talked to her on MSN while I was at work and it seemed like I was having to force responses out of her, with her occasionally saying something without me having to initiate. A couple of days later I asked her which weekend-night we were going out and she said "I'm not sure which night my friends want to". I took this as a sign of disinterest and cut it there, blocked her from MSN because I knew the MSN contact wasn't doing me any good. I text her a few days later asking if she wanted to goto a sports match with me (which I had boxed seats for). She never replied, so I forgot about her.

The other day I was cleaning the contacts out on my phone and texted all the "failed dates" to see which ones I would get a response from. No response = delete contact. She replied and asked me why I hadn't been on MSN recently, and why had I gone quiet? I made some excuse that I'd been very busy. I then told her I thought she was a very attractive girl and it'd be great to go on a date with her, that I'd take her out for dinner this week. She responded saying she was busy with exams until the 2nd of Dec, but she was sure she could take a night off to come out with me.

I texted her asking if she "likes indian food, I know a great place, I'll pick you up thursday?". I got no response to this. She's confusing me.. I don't think she's interested, but I want to take her out and just go for the win (just hook into her at the end of the night regardless of what I think she is thinking).

What should I do? Should I try message her again or just give up?

You could try making an actual phone call. That way you can communicate without having to wait for a text response.

Maybe she was put off that you responded saying "I'll pick you up on Thursday?" when she had already said she had exams but would try to figure something out? Maybe she thought you were being too pushy at that point.

I was trying a 'fake it til you make it' confidence approach with that. It was more like "is thursday fine? I know a really nice indian place". Maybe I should have called. I am not used to calling - it's very common place in my country to text message, people rarely actually pick up the phone.

Something weird about this chick, I remember when we went out the first time. About 3-4 hours prior to our 'date', she suddenly stopped responding to me. I was trying to contact her to find out exactly what time she would be there, since she told me to meet at 7:30, but it dawned on me that she also told me she was going to watch a television show that finished at that time. Surely enough, although she didn't respond to my messages (which I know she read), she turned up on time.

I messaged her this afternoon to confirm whether or not she wanted to do anything this week. She did message back saying she has 2 exams this week but will contact me later in the week.

But I'm pretty certain that she won't.

Ugh. I give up. Next.

I totally sympathise. I met a guy online who does the same to me.. Likes the odd chat, won't completely leave me alone, but won't progress it either...

You've done your best, if she gets back to you good, but if not, it's her loss.

Ammy

sounds sorta familiar with my situation. afew things. perhaps she isnt recieving all of your texts or sometimes people dont respond to all thier texts cause thier easily distracted. i sometimes do this or if i feel someone is coming on too strong or buggin i dont respond.

In this case i would just stop contacting her. You have already reached out enough. Let her contact you for a date and time. Sounds like she is too busy for anything right now. she may be interested but not interested enough to put off her busy schedule. Just wait till she contacts you. Dont block her on MSN cause thats sorta childish. In the mean time i wouldnt have any high expectations and keep your options open for others.

Archived