Feeling worst in the morning

When I wake up in the morning, I feel terrible. The first couple of days I felt like I was going to throw up from the emotions. My urge to pick up the phone and call is much greater. As the day goes on I find myself more accepting of the situation. By the time I go to bed I am no where near peace, but I have the feeling life will eventually go on.

Then I wake up in the morning back at square one. I has only been a week since the break up.

Anybody else feel the same way?

When I wake up in the morning, I feel terrible. The first couple of days I felt like I was going to throw up from the emotions. My urge to pick up the phone and call is much greater. As the day goes on I find myself more accepting of the situation. By the time I go to bed I am no where near peace, but I have the feeling life will eventually go on.

Then I wake up in the morning back at square one. I has only been a week since the break up.

Anybody else feel the same way?

I am week 5-6 of strict NC. I still get that crappy morning feelings. It's progressively getting worse. I know because I have to write on ENA to get it out and control myself from breaking NC.

I re-read what I wrote from previous topics or posts. I changed my number. I am not giving myself reasons to call her anymore. I am giving myself reasons to not call her.

I have a list that I repeat in my head:

I don't want to break NC.

I don't want to hurt again.

I don't want her to have my new number.

I don't want to cry again.

I don't want to feel my heart break from her telling me how great her new life is. How great it is without me. Her wanting to be my friend.

I don't want to be in denial. It's over and I will accept her decision.

I want to be strong and maintain my pride and dignity. I threw it away for her because I loved her. But, I will not anymore, she's not worth it. She's not worth the thought. I still think about her 99.999999% of the day. I do my best to fill my head with new memories.

Me contacting her will delay my healing and I want what's best for me.

What's best for me is to heal properly and disconnect myself from her.

Mornings are difficult because you are kind of psychologically naked and vulnerable then. Depressed people often find that the mornings are the most distressing time for them. And aloneness in the morning can be terrible.

There isn't much to do except grit your teeth and get through it. Remember that getting up and into your routine, shower, breakfast, reading the paper, going to work, will make you feel instantly better. Whatever you do try not to lie in bed and brood. Do things that actively distract you from your problem.

And keep with it. It will take time, it is not going to be easy, but you will get through it.

I also share the feeling of bad mornings.

It's now past midnight and I feel better about my situation, unsure why but today I felt like trying to contact my ex (we split up for good on Monday but we had contact to say it was definitely over on Friday).

In the mornings I feel so bad but as the day draws to a close I feel better, maybe it's just cos I'm tired.

pushforward, you said it is getting worse? I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will take a turn for the better soon. Also I just orders some books to read on breaking addiction to people. Maybe it will help if you try that.

My "theory" on the morning feelings is maybe it has to do with a chemical imbalance or something. I have had the same situation happen in the past when I lost my job once. So at least I know that most depressing events have the same effect on my body ](*,)

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived