To email or not?

smiley1979
Guide on How to Make Him Crave for ...
Guide on How to Make Him Crave for You

Ok. so I chatted with this guy on an online dating service. We, now go to the same church and we both attend most of the church activities. We have never really been officially introduced in person but I know who he is and he knows who I am. We are both friends on facebook but we haven't really talked. So, do you think I should e-mail him or just wait to get to know him in person?

Smiley, you were emailing him before - who was the last to reply? Him or you?

Another thing to build a friendship online would be to comment on his facebook status - something witty and light? Or comment on his photos when new ones come up.. Perhaps ones from the scavenger hunt.

But since you meet in person, perhaps try and make more conversation in person, get to know him more and see what happens.

I once was in a similar situation to you, and I got very into a guy I liked who I volunteered with and tried to analyse everything he did.. it didn't work well for me.

I agree with the other advice you had previous from your last post. Continue to attend the church as you like it, be friendly, and see what develops.

Ammy

Ammy, I was the last one to reply.

Thank you for the advice. I think I'll try to get to know him in person first. Maybe I'll comment on his facebook.

PS I love your quote.

Yeah I think in person will beat email communication since you have regular chances to see each other in person. Just ask him about things he likes / does in his free time etc - spark up conversations and be curious about him.

You will know if he likes you when he starts spending time with you more, gravitates towards you in social situations, and ultimately wants to spend time with just you - eg. asks you out! You can also tell by the way a guy looks at you sometimes, there's an intensity in the stare sometimes...

My quote is from a Delta Goodrem song (link removed) - The song is called The Analyst. I love it too - totally describes me - I always OVERANALYSE!

Ammy

• 1 month later...
It's been a few weeks since I emailed this guy. I emailed him a couple of days ago asking him about a cd. He emailed me back today=D. I don't know if he's just being friendly or he really does like me?

Hard to tell smiley, although if he really liked you he'd capitalise on the fact that he has your email and facebook and message you more often... I mean if we like someone, we love hearing from them and responding right?? 1-2 days max unless we're busy... or is that just me?!

It sounds like he likes you as a friend, but hasn't thought about it being any more than that... Doesn't mean it's not possible for things to change, but at this stage he doesn't seem that keen. I mean maybe he doesn't know you well enough and that's why, maybe he's just not at a stage where he wants to date, some guys are clueless...

Anyway I would continue to talk to him, get to know him better, and if you REALLY want to go for it, go ahead and just ask him to do something some day (you'll get your answer then!).

But whilst talking with him, make sure you keep yourself open to other possible men around you as it sounds like this guy isn't ready for a relationship with you just yet.

Ammy

Archived