spent 23rd birthday alone

mikeyboy22
Birthday Prayer & Wishes Messag...
Birthday Prayer & Wishes Message for A Friend

So I celebrated my 23rd birthday yesterday, went out with the family for dinner and had a few drinks after. Usually every birthday my friends all hang out and we drink or goto the bar or something. Turns out that they were going out to a party and already had plans. You would think they would ask me to come out on my birthday right? Well they didn't and I just spent my 23rd birthday pretty much alone. It was a terrible day for me and couldn't help but get a little depressed. Do you think that a real friend would do that? I mean he could of at least asked me to come to the party with him. These are guys ive known my whole life I don't have many friends and the assholes couldnt even bother. Do I call these guys my real friends?

Dont take it personally sometimes people unintentionally do things like that. The best way to ensure that you enjoy your birthday next year is to make plans prior to that day and invite those friends so they'll know not to go out. Let them know how you feel though and try doing a make-up party day.

sorry to hear that, I feel for you man. same thing happened to me a month ago when i turned 21 (well almost same thing, only 2 ppl and my brother showed up). did you plan on a big thing with alot of people? if you did then maybe most of them were just acquaintances, its stuff like this makes it clear who your real friends are and who aren't.

Happy belated birthday. Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago for my 26th. Invited friends to dinner a week before my birthday. All said they'd come. Wrote them all that day to confirm time and details. All said they'd be there. They all canceled throughout the day, and an hour before we were supposed to meet, the last one canceled b/c she said it'd "be more fun with more people." Who does that?

I'm sorry you're going through that.

Thanks guys at least I know im not the only one who went through that I needed to vent and I appreciate everybody listening and giving me some feedback. Im sorry you had to spend your birthdays alone too. Now that I really look at it my so called "friends" are just people to hang out with to drink and smoke pot, and they only call me when they have nothing better to do. There would never be a time where we could do something and not be drunk or high, and im kind of shying away from that lifestyle now im getting older and tired of partying everyday. I think im just going to blow them off anyways because they are all pot heads and I quit smoking weed. Drinking is ok but not every single day, and all my so called friends just cant do something when they are sober its kind of a pathetic life and im not going to be a loser like that anymore. I guess all I can do now is hope to make some new friends one day that arent addicts, and be a loner until that day comes lol.

I think you should scrap the plan to invite them out next year, get rid of them and get new friends. My friends certainly wouldnt have left me out like that on my birthday. Still, your family were with you, so you were not alone, but still not nice that your friends were so unfeeling on such a special day.

I would stay away from them and when they ask where you been, you tell them why.

Make new friends, talk to other people, there are much nicer people out there. You are right, they could have at least invited you along to the party! grrr...

Archived