Wife gets upset everytime I spend money on myself!!!

baddasslegend92

Why is that?? I work hard!!! keep all the bills paid I help clean the house,I dont require her to cook etc because she works as hard as I do., But everytime I go buy something for me it's a problem and I see this trend in most of my friends marriges. This is what happened!!!. We just bought a new car a couple of weeks ago and I decided to tint the windows and put in a TV for when we take long trips. Now she not speaking to me because of it. Anytime I want to buy something and I tell her about it she gets mad so that's why I just started getting the things I want w/o telling her and deal with her later. What should I do? Again we have no financial problems, I keep all the bills paid so there is no reason for her to be * * * * * ing all the time about money. And frankly it's very annoying and causes me to be resentful towards her!!! Any advice?

If I were your wife, I'd be upset about the fact that you were tinting the windows and putting in a tv in a car that is from the BOTH of us, without consulting me. It wouldn't be about money, it would be about not making a decision together. Is it possible your wife is more upset about it for this reason?

Well!!!

We have 4 cars and she knew when she met me that I love to hook up cars!!!

I should not have to ask her to spend my money.

When she wants something I tell her to get whatever she want. I can see if I was using bill money or if we didn't have savings. But that's not the case here. It has to be something else to it. I think woman hate to see their men happy unless it has something to do with them.

Yes she has her own money she could spend. and yes she always ask me because she know im going to say !!! it's your money do what you want to do with it.I don't require her to tell me when she wants to spend her money. This is something she just do. When I tried doing that with her she gets mad telling me i dont need it etc so that's why now I just take it on myself to do what I want!!! It's so complicated!!! I can see if i was doing this to her. then I expect her to do the same. but that's not the case.

BTW its not just the new car!! That was just an example.... This is anything I spend on me.

I suggest that you talk together and work out a system to deal with it.

For instance, a budget that includes:

• money that you have to spend
  • money that you decide together to spend
  • money that you don't have to ask the other to spend.

Did he tell you that he had already spent $1000 to that aspisre?? Me and my husband just got this car. Why does it have to be a rush for everything for a car. I still need a grill for my galant.
Moderator Note' if this post is from the OP's wife - please create your own account. But post for advice rather than to continue an argument with your spouse that would be better as a discussion face to face that tried to come to some sort of compromise.

Yup, my mom's been doing this to my dad for 23 years, lol. To her defense, she is better with money than he is ... however it's OK for her to buy something for herself, but if my dad spends 6 bucks on himself she starts * * * * * ing at him.

This is another reason why I refuse to get married, lol. I don't want another mother.

Archived