Those who are trying to lose weight/inches. How are you all doing?

redrose85

It's been a month or so (or more) since most of us started to seriously try and lose weight, so figured an update would be good, to keep the support level up and to help us all stay motivated!!

I'm sitting at a couple of pounds less than when I started, but it's definitely muscle. I have "levelled" up as far as my workouts are concerned, and am burning approx. 250-300 cals every 30-40 mins. I'm seeing a physical difference all over in that I am getting tighter and trimmer. I seem to be developing abs of steel, and once the belly fat melts away I'm gonna be one hot tamale! This really IS possible

Post your progress, even a picture if you want.

Eh...I kinda cheated I suppose. Back in May I had Lap Band surgery to help me jump start my weight loss. Nothing else seemed to work for me.

Since, I have begun a workout regime consisting of weight lifting (occasionally) and cardio (mostly walking/jogging).

In all since May I have lost 26 pounds, just before that I had to go on the Atkins diet (Dr.s orders) in which I lost 16 pounds. So in all I have lost 42 since February of this year. Its slow for someone as large as I. But each day I feel better and better about myself and going from a sz 22-16 is a great feeling. Now if I could just get down to at least a 10 I would be ecstatic!!!

I started this past June at 295 lbs, and last time I measured (A week and a half ago), I'm down to 263 lbs, so that makes for 32 lbs and counting!

Without even telling anyone that I've been trying to lose weight, everyone around me has complimented me about it, which is great, because I keep on only seeing the gradual changes, and I don't feel that different yet.

I've got to say that the number one most encouraging moment was when I was hanging out with my friend Theresa. I had only recently met at school, we hung out a couple times, there's no sexual interest or anything, she has a boyfriend. Anyway, it turns out that she's also classmates with someone else I know, Vivian. So I'm talking with Theresa when she says:

Theresa: So I hear you're pretty good at Dance Dance Revolution?

Me: Yeah, who told you?

Theresa: Vivian did. Is it true that you lost a lot of weight while playing it?

That was it, when someone who I barely spoke to told someone else that I had lost a lot of weight.

It's moments like those that keep me going.

For those of you wondering though, I didn't actually lose the weight playing that. I really have no idea how that rumour started. All I did was write down everything I ate in order to count exactly how many calories were going into my system, as well as lift weights 3x a week. As school started to pick up, I've been very inconsistent with the gym, but I'm still keeping to a strict diet, and it's working wonderfully.

Well for me its a work in progress. I am concentrating really hard on getting healthy again. Right now I am concentrating strictly on gaining muscle which is the complete opposite of losing weight. When losing weight you have to burn more calories then what you eat, but when you want to gain a lot of muscle its eat more than what you burn. I want to do both but when you are lifting weights you are supposed to do little to no cardio if you want to bulk up. I have been hard at work in the gym for the past month or so I go to the gym usually about 4 days a week for an hour or 2 everyday. I am already seeing huge results when I started out I could barely lift anything now I tripled my weight lifting abilities and my arms are getting big So I am actually purposly putting on weight right now but when January comes around im going to focus on no weights at all and nothing but cardio until the end of next summer.

I weighed myself today and i weight 138lbs...down from 163 lbs at the beginning of this year. I moved to BC in June and have lost a good 10-12 of those lbs here in BC.

Tomorrow I am starting a 5 day cleanse where I take out Gluten/Dairy/Sugar/Alcohol and I am hoping to stick to the gluten free/dairy free from here on in...I just want to feel more energetic and stronger day in and day out...

I would love to see the scale reach 130 but i am not stressing about it.

I do yoga 3-6x per week, strength training every other day and walk atleast 30 min a day. Will be trying to add in more cardio when the cleanse levels off...

About a couple of months ago i went on the jenny craig program for about a month and a half or 2 and those were costly i lost approx 10 pounds on that program. But i gained those 10 pounds again. but after my divorce i lost 20 pounds and it keeps coming off.

actually the best thing to lose bodyfat is a moderate pace walk.. maybe try walkin on an incline 10% on a like 3 speed on the treadmill... (without holding to the treadmill!)

jogging/running is to intense and is more of a "cardiovascular excercise" then burns fat..

My Weight Loss Journey! #shorts#Doc...
My Weight Loss Journey! #shorts#DoctorsWeightLoss#evepacifichealth

Archived