Not sure what i want to do in life

Atticus90
How To Set Clear Financial Goals An...
How To Set Clear Financial Goals And Move Towards Them

Well, I'm not sure what I would like to do in life as far as careers go.

I have like 1,000 ideas but 98% of them are unrealistic.

My idea of a job is making at least 70,000 yearly.

But jobs that do make that are like doctors, dentist, accountants, etc

I don't want to do any of those things. I like working with my hands. What kind of careers involve that?

I'm open to any suggestions you guys may have.

there are lots of websites dedicated to job descriptions and careers.

your state probably has one for your area - they should show average salaries and stuff.

maybe u could be an electrician or a mechanic? maybe u could open your own shop?

without knowing u its hard to say, but trust me, you'll find something!

If you like working 'hands on' and want to make that kind of money - try doing what I do...start your own business in whatever trade it is that you're good at. It takes a long time to get it going to the point where you're making good money, but if you're a good tradesman and a good businessman and you're good with people, that's what you should be doing. Although, keep in mind that by the time you're making 70K plus, you'll be spending most of your 'hands on' time in your office writing cheques to the people you've hired to do the work for you because you wont have time to do it yourself!! And expect to be putting in over 18 hrs a day for a few years...

Are you in school right now?

Have you done any career testing? I was sooo unsure of what to do. I went in this summer and did EXTENSIVE career testing... and the results came back on every test: Social worker... and guess what, I LOVE it.

(why didn't this occur to me before? my dad is a SW!)

Archived