Is there any place I can go to get a makeover?

Mantis

Lately, I've been trying to change my image. I've started working out, and I need some new clothes, according to several people a new haircut, and I don't even know what else. Unfortunately I have no sense of style. I think I need a fashion adviser or something along those lines. I don't really have any friends that could do it. I've thought about going to a clothes store and asking customer service, but I'm afraid they'll try to sell me stuff I don't need, plus there are things other than clothes I need to change, such as hair. Asking the barber will probably be okay for that one, since they get paid the same no matter what, but you get the idea. Are there places that do this kind of thing, either free or paid?

My guy best friend asked me to do it for him. I took him to the store and helped him figure things out. Do you have a girl or guy friend who can do that for you?

Simply matching an image in a magazine doesn't work because it has to have something of your own personal touch, and be something you can keep up every day.

I believe there are lifestyle coaches who provide this service, but they are not cheap.

i did the most amazing thing the other day...walked into a barber shop where there was a girl whod done my hair very good before...anyway walked in there told her i was her canvas and she could do what ever she wanted...she got all excited like a little girl on christmas morning...we had a lot of fun and she gave me a totally off the wall look that i love and so has everyone else...its a complete divergence from my normal and its been amazing...i say just go for especially something like hair cause u can always change it.

if you want better style, start looking at the fashion world.

watch fashion tv, run way shows, pick up their techniques from there. look at fashion magazines, notice the way the models wear things. look at how they match clothes/jeweleries, look at how they clash clothes/jewleries to make things "pop", etc

i had no sense of style either. i used to dress very very plain. then i started get interested in fashion, so i googled some. laying a definite must, it creates interesting looks out of the same clothes (nice for those on a budget!) and it gives you a look that's "you". the last thing you want to do is pay someone to give YOU a look. after all, a look reflects you and your style represents your personality.

gossip girl is a great show for fashion. it's pretty much like Sex and the city but better. each character has a different style, so it's nice to see how you can accomplish those diff styles (look at things that makes them "girly" or "edgy" or "whatever"). watch what not to wear a few times, i don't really like that show because they give everyone the same look - but you can take away a few key points. one of which is already mentioned (layering).

oh and if you're a boy, no worries! gossip girl's boys have amaaaaaazing style. mmm i wish real life boys would start dressing like that!

i did the most amazing thing the other day...walked into a barber shop where there was a girl whod done my hair very good before...anyway walked in there told her i was her canvas and she could do what ever she wanted...she got all excited like a little girl on christmas morning...we had a lot of fun and she gave me a totally off the wall look that i love and so has everyone else...its a complete divergence from my normal and its been amazing...i say just go for especially something like hair cause u can always change it.

that is so scary! a lot of risk, especially for a girl.

i'd make sure i like their work first (look at their portfolio) and make sure it's high end... they tend to be better.

My guy best friend asked me to do it for him. I took him to the store and helped him figure things out. Do you have a girl or guy friend who can do that for you?

Simply matching an image in a magazine doesn't work because it has to have something of your own personal touch, and be something you can keep up every day.

I believe there are lifestyle coaches who provide this service, but they are not cheap.

Unfortunately no. I don't have any female friends at all, and my male friends are older, married guys. I'm not sure I want to go as far as a lifestyle coach, I think I can mostly get it in order myself, I just need someone who understands style.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about doing regarding hair. Clothes gets more complicated though.

if you want better style, start looking at the fashion world.

watch fashion tv, run way shows, pick up their techniques from there. look at fashion magazines, notice the way the models wear things. look at how they match clothes/jeweleries, look at how they clash clothes/jewleries to make things "pop", etc

i had no sense of style either. i used to dress very very plain. then i started get interested in fashion, so i googled some. laying a definite must, it creates interesting looks out of the same clothes (nice for those on a budget!) and it gives you a look that's "you". the last thing you want to do is pay someone to give YOU a look. after all, a look reflects you and your style represents your personality.

gossip girl is a great show for fashion. it's pretty much like Sex and the city but better. each character has a different style, so it's nice to see how you can accomplish those diff styles (look at things that makes them "girly" or "edgy" or "whatever"). watch what not to wear a few times, i don't really like that show because they give everyone the same look - but you can take away a few key points. one of which is already mentioned (layering).

oh and if you're a boy, no worries! gossip girl's boys have amaaaaaazing style. mmm i wish real life boys would start dressing like that!

Yeah, I should've specified that I'm a dude.

Archived