Here I am again, after several months of abstinence from this forum.

My ex of two years ago (my last gf) suddenly started to send me e-mails, nothing much personal, more like those chain letters with powerpoint presentations giving you advice about how to live a good life and that kind of stuff.

I'm asking this just by curiosity, i.e., I'm not fully over her but I gave up on her so much time ago. I don't have the minimal hope of reconciliation, I have lost it for good.

When she broke up with me I told her to forget that I exist. I deleted all contacts, stopped using MSN, etc. She respected my whishes but she always send me happy birthday whishes and Xmas messages. I always replied to say thank you and nothing more.

Everytime I open up the door to her, even if only a little bit, there she is sending me e-mails that I never reply. Then she stops again until the next time.

There were times when her e-mails got me thinking too much about their meaning and meant a set-back in my healing. Today I'm only curious about why she seems to never give up.

The fact is that I don't feel very confortable around her, I never did. She used me as a rebound. I have forgived her, but never forgot.

Thanks for yor replies

M&M

Are you considering trying to get her back? If not don't worry about it. Maybe even block her. If you can just be friends do that. Maybe she realizes you were the right one at the wrong time? That happens to people. Normally they lose touch but in this case she still knows a way to contact you.

Some people really don't have a clue. The fact that she used you as a rebound shows that she was very self-involved, only thinking of herself and her whims. As you can see, nothing has changed. What other people want, other people's feelings just doesn't seem to compute in her mind. She sends you these emails because she feels like it, because she has no conception of how she treated you and how you would feel about her. It is simply all about her. Best not to respond.

Or maybe she is afraid you will cut off communication entirely so she doesn't push for anything more.

I think not. Our last contact was in September. She texted me for my bday. In my reply I said thak you and add "We should go for a coffee one of these days." I never invited her and, if it was today I wouldn't have said that.

She sends you these emails because she feels like it, because she has no conception of how she treated you and how you would feel about her.

Well, maybe the opposite is happening here. I know she was a rebound because she told me. And she said she would be away from relationships for a while witch is a signal of being aware of the damages she have done. I don't know if this has this meaning but I want to believe in this.

It seems to me that she is trying to tell me something like "I'm sorry, I know what I have done. But even though, I don't love you."

If that's the case she's being condescendent and I don't like it.

well I think if you want to understand, the only way is to ask her. If she hurt you, andyou do not want her to contact you, itmay be best to say so. if you would like to see her, perhaps explain that this kind of sporadic contact confuses you and if she would like to meet up for coffee or something, great, but that random emails arenot going down tooo well with you right now. hope you get it sorted. x

Archived