I dont want to attend my graduation now my mother is going crazy

chocolate-cake

I recently finished university, i didnt get the grade i aimed for, i dont want to attend the graduation, i have my results and everything, i just dont want a huge deal made because my result is just OK. Also i have to waste money on travel, hiring the outfit etc, i really dont want to go, when i told my mumthis she went crazy called me selfish etc, i understand a parent feels proud but what about the childs feelings?????? I plan to do a masters degree which would also have a graduation and i would be happy to go to that because i know i will work hard and that will be the end of my academic attendance, this gradyation does not mean so much to me, am i being horrible to my mother? i r eally cant face it

I can completely relate to your feelings - I don't want to attend my graduation either - but on this one I would tend to agree with your mother. I assume that your parents have funded your education ... it's only normal that they want to celebrate your achievement. I'm sure she is very proud of you, regardless of the result. If I were you, I would suck it up, and go, and make sure to be happy during the ceremony, or at least put on a happy face.

I was disappointed in my degree mark too and didn't want to attend my graduation, but it fell right about my mums birthday and she asked me to walk as a favour.

Considering she spent my third year trying to sabotage me I should have told her no, but I went and honestly, don't feel one way or the other about it.

I think this is one of the times where you just have to put your own bleh beneath someone elses happiness.

I never went to my graduation, i just requested my degree got sent to me in the mail. Not because of my marks or my mother or my degree... I just didn't see the point. and i thought the idea of getting dressed up in a gown and going up on stage was ridiculous. My brothers didn't go to theirs and neither did many of many or my friends... I think it depends on the university you go to, because for some of my friends it was a really big deal, but not for me.

I never went to my graduation, i just requested my degree got sent to me in the mail. Not because of my marks or my mother or my degree... I just didn't see the point. and i thought the idea of getting dressed up in a gown and going up on stage was ridiculous. My brothers didn't go to theirs and neither did many of many or my friends... I think it depends on the university you go to, because for some of my friends it was a really big deal, but not for me.

i agree but my mum doesnt, how did ur parents react?

Archived