Don't know how to handle things!!!

lauramed

My ex bf broke up with me after 9 months. I know that I caused the break up...starting acting a bit too clingy and needy and just simply scared him away. This was 4 months ago. After two weeks of nc he called me to ask how I was doing and he sounded very down. He then called me a few weeks after that telling me that he was thinking about me and then a week later thinking that he saw me driving behind him...it wasn't me. He pulled over and thought that I would pull over or at least expected me to call him. He then said that he didn't like this at all. We still speak and see each other casually at least once a week. I'm just not sure how to handle the casual and want to talk to him about the chance of getting back together.

I know that he has to be thinking about me. Had to go to court about child support a few weeks ago and he texted me first thing in the morning to wish me luck. He then called me later to ask how things went. He also called me first thing in the morning on the day of my birthday to say happy birthday.

I'm just at the point that I know that I can't keep going on like this. I truly love this man and want him in my life. I'm afraid that if I bring up the subject of trying over it is going to scare him away. Even as I say this I know it sounds pathetic....better to know than to keep this up. The problem is that everytime I see him it's hard to imagine him not in my life.

He might be afraid of the "I love you" part so you might want to hold off on that but I would tell him the rest. I would tell him that you would like to give it another shot and that it seems like he does too since he is putting forth an effort to communicate with you. At least that's how it sounds to me.

Archived