Didn't get it.

Gracelove

I didn't get the job I spent months working on and waiting for.

I must admit it is a disappointment. I think of all of the time and energy, and it makes me sad to think that it was all a waste.

Yes there were times when I questioned how well things would be for me, working in jail setting. But I really need the money.

I feel disappointed because I don't know what to do with my life, and I felt that this was going to tide me over.

I would be able to make good money, while planning for my future.

I just feel so sad about that part.

I don't know what I'm going to do.

I could go to school again. But what about loans, and the economy, and everything? I have bills, and I don't want my parents paying for any more than they already do.

They are old, and work-a-holics, and they need a break. And they are uneasy, because they worry I won't be able to take care of myself.

And I haven't done a good job of disproving that.

I've just made so many mistakes in my life, and it hurts that I'm not in a better place right now.

The only thing I've suceeded in is being able to make friends.

My relationships with men have been horrible. I graduated from college, but all of the other situations clouded it all.

I miss learning, I miss school. But I don't want to waste people's time or money.

I just don't know what to do.

I hate being a burden. I've spent sooo much time trying to be optimistic, but am I just kidding myself?

Where is this all going?

I'm grateful for many things, but at the same time, I feel my life is stagnant.

I'm going nowhere.

I've had to fight, and survive a lot of things to get here...but here is not where I want to be.

It's just discouraging.

What I did, in my early 20s, was go to a non-English speaking country -- where there was no parent's house to loaf about in, where there was no social security cheque to draw on -- and I took the first job I was offered that required someone who spoke English as their first language. I was the Editor of a magazine before I even learned how to be a journalist!

What I did, in my early 20s, was go to a non-English speaking country -- where there was no parent's house to loaf about in, where there was no social security cheque to draw on -- and I took the first job I was offered that required someone who spoke English as their first language. I was the Editor of a magazine before I even learned how to be a journalist!

Well, true, people from english speaking countries are quite popular being teachers at school or teachers at English traning centers. It is a big market in China.

I didn't get the job I spent months working on and waiting for.

I must admit it is a disappointment. I think of all of the time and energy, and it makes me sad to think that it was all a waste.

Yes there were times when I questioned how well things would be for me, working in jail setting. But I really need the money.

I feel disappointed because I don't know what to do with my life, and I felt that this was going to tide me over.

I would be able to make good money, while planning for my future.

I just feel so sad about that part.

I don't know what I'm going to do.

I could go to school again. But what about loans, and the economy, and everything? I have bills, and I don't want my parents paying for any more than they already do.

They are old, and work-a-holics, and they need a break. And they are uneasy, because they worry I won't be able to take care of myself.

And I haven't done a good job of disproving that.

I've just made so many mistakes in my life, and it hurts that I'm not in a better place right now.

The only thing I've suceeded in is being able to make friends.

My relationships with men have been horrible. I graduated from college, but all of the other situations clouded it all.

I miss learning, I miss school. But I don't want to waste people's time or money.

I just don't know what to do.

I hate being a burden. I've spent sooo much time trying to be optimistic, but am I just kidding myself?

Where is this all going?

I'm grateful for many things, but at the same time, I feel my life is stagnant.

I'm going nowhere.

I've had to fight, and survive a lot of things to get here...but here is not where I want to be.

It's just discouraging.

BTW, have you ever thought of finding a job being English teacher in non-english speaking countries, like China and other asian countries...?

Depending on what your work experience and educational background is, there are more opportunities than only English teaching ... BUT it is a great way to get yourself out of the rut that you're in, broaden your horizons, discover yourself, get work and life experience and get paid to do it! How old are you?

Hey There Guys!

Thanks for all of your support, I'm feeling a lot better now.

I'm not one to really up and travel to another country though. My sister is like that. She's lived in France and Spain teaching language.

I know it sounds exciting, but it's just not me right now.

I'm just going to look for a new job. I'm currently employed, so I guess I shouldn't be too upset.

I miss independence, but I have a bed to sleep in every night, and loving parents, so it's going to be okay.

I want to go to nursing school, it's just that the present moment doesn't seem to be the best time.

They are cutting a lot in regards to loans, and the number of students they are accepting into programs.

I have a degree in Animal Science. I guess I could brush up on certain things and apply for jobs in my related field.

I absolutely LOVE science, and I enjoy language. I'm also a really artistic-type person. So when it comes a a dream job...???

I can think of many things I'd enjoy doing, however they don't really pay well financially.

Anywho, in regards to this job, my main motive was money. And I am quite stubborn, so I knew I'd definitely stick it out, in regards to keeping the job.

But being a guard in a jail isn't easy work I'm sure.

The past week or so, I've really been thinking about what I might encounter. The evil that might be there, the horrible things I might have to hear, the mistreatment I'd be subjected to.......

Anywho, I figured it would all be worth it.

Anywho, I think in the short term I'll do substitue teaching. I'll study and take the exam.

And that's about it. I was looking forward to the benefits the job would provide, but I've got to look ahead.

So I'll just start applying for other jobs.

Archived