Where Am I ?

DjSystemz

I have no clue where to put this. But I need some advice. For the past year and a half I have been failing all my classes at the community college i go to. F's and Withdrawls all the way through and now here I am in the college library typing this to see what to do. My stepfather wants me out of the house because I am not going to class, I owe him money because I couldn't hold down a job in the middle of the summer. I just dunno. I am planning to go see a counsler at 3pm (in an hour) and see what to do. Finals are in two weeks and I haven't been in my classes in over 2 months. I want to go to class, I really do. It just seems like my past relationship screwed it all up. I would worry and be depressed about it. I stayed up in the middle of the night until 4am sometimes then I wake up and it's already 1pm. It's like I don't want to grow up. I want to go to class, not only for my parents, but for myself. Maybe I can talk to my cousler today and see if I can either save my grade in my classes this semester by some devine miracle, or just withdrawl from all of them and start fresh, again. I'm so sick of not doing anything with my life.

And what sucks the most is that everything is handed to me in a way. I live in a beautiful home with parents that care. I have a nice car that I pay for myself but under my parents credit so i only pay 500 for insurance and car payment. It's not like I come from a run down home, I have everything. It's not like I have no arms or legs. Maybe just sometimes im too lazy to go to class. Every semester I would miss one class then I wouldn never go again. Maybe I was scared, I have no clue whats wrong with me but I need to move forward with my life instead of being stuck where I am now. If anyone could give me advice it would be great.

Read the books, get your butt to class, and if you just don't feel ready for college get a job and figure out how to support yourself. You said you think your afraid of growing up, the slowest way to grow up is stay in school and do your best.

I have everything. It's not like I have no arms or legs. Maybe just sometimes im too lazy to go to class.

Time to learn what it takes and practice discipline. I've a full time job, and full time school, while making music. Some grind harder than others, some have motivation, some don't. The question is, are you going to let everyone pass you up? Thats what will happen, unless you've got a back up plan for dropping out or failing. Its easy to talk about our frustrations and blame them for our moods. Its harder and more rewarding to tackle them one at a time.

Frustrations and hurdles are much the same. If you've ever seen a track, you know that there is a rythym a runner must maintain, or else hes gonna eat it. He also can't jump over all of them or take any shortcuts. I know things seem tough, but I am a guy who came from nothing, but had the fortune to go to a good high school that gave me direction. I met kids like you, but saw their parents, and the ones who worked hard. I learned from that. Motivate yourself, I notice it says DJ in your name, so I know you have some sort of inspiration. Use it man, and use it to your advantage before you are 50 years old and wondering why you still pay rent to a manager thats half your age.

Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch T...
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch This!

Archived