Longtime Attraction

ShyQuincy
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Pull up a chair and grab some popcorn, I met this girl as a kid, we were like 11, 12. Anyway I moved away (4000 miles) but never forgot about her, we hung out together, I dated her friend she dated mine. For what ever reason 2 years after moving I got to visit and she was the only person I thought about seeing,which I did, nothing heavy just a quick visit. Here's the kicker, that was 25 years ago and till this day I never ever forgot about her, I don't know why, just always in my thoughts.

2 years ago when I moved much closer I decided to look for her online, I did and we started to email each other for a short period of time, then nothing. Finally about 4 months ago she emails me and let me know she has gone through a separation, I myself had recently broke up with my girlfriend after moving. We start emailing, and just recently had the chance to actually stop and visit her on my way back from a good friends house, we are 5 hours apart.

This girl has always turned me on but as adults I felt like I was heaven looking into her eyes and we talked about the past. I was only stopping over the night and in the morning it was awkward when I left, I felt I had possibly been too shy the night before or too much of a gentleman. Anyway prior to stopping over we emailed maybe a couple of times a week but now its only been like 3 times since then, a month later. After a couple of phone messages and no response, I emailed to ask her what was going on, and she had assured me I had done nothing wrong, she had actually met someone and they were spending quite a bit of time together, I have a feeling she had just met this person before I had arranged my visit.

My problem is I honestly believed things happen for a reasons and a chance reunion was going to be the start of something beautiful. I'm just wondering should I keep my longtime attraction to myself or should I let her know just how I have felt all these years or is selfish of me to bring it up now? Even during my last relationship of 5 years I thought of this girl, always wondering what had happened to her and so on.

I'm a very sensitive guy and really caring and just lonely not sharing my life with someone. I have no one to talk to and most people would not understand the situation because this isn't an overnight thing, its been going one since I was a kid. My heart is just so broken I'm not sure what to do.

If you think shes into you I'd just tell her, if not then just keep emailing her, visiting her everys so often and see what happens.

I'm just worried that if I pour all my feelings out now, its going to look like i'm begging her and with the distance it's definitely putting me at a disadvantage, believe me I have thought of doing this.

I'm really trying to figure out why she has been on my mind almost all my life, I can truly say back when we were kids and we hung out, it was the happiest time of my life. Thank you for your comments.

I think I have a lot of healing.

Archived