Sensory Perception

gary1958

This is may seem like an odd question but I'm curious here. Does anyone ever get the sense... Call it a feeling, a premonition, an intuition that things aren't over with your ex or that you are going to here from them. I don't mean the hope some of us may harbour inside that they would call. But the sense that you know they are but you don't know when or how. I have a very strong gut and have had this happen to me in the past in different situations. And it has always inevitably happened. Now my ex and I broke up about 18 months ago (together 2 years). It was nasty. Her running out of my house in panic mode over an insignificant slight. She has been diagnosed with Panic/Anxiety. Also after the fact a counsellor determined that she has some BPD traits as well as some Passive/Aggressive traits.

So in an email the week after the break she told me that her love for me was different, that she hadn't missed me in that week and she new in her heart it was over. Oh, and she was apparently with a new guy the following week (we had been looking at houses together 2 months previous). So 8 months go by and for some reason we had an email exchange and I actually got my closure that day. Sort of gave me the chance to say the things I never got to say when she ran out of my house. The issues I thought she had. What she did to my son and myself and that she needs to work on herself if she ever hopes to have a healthy relationship. So a year goes by. Nothing. I wake up one morning KNOWING I am going to here from her... just dont know when or how. A week later I pull into a store and who is standing at the back of it but her son. We exchange glances and I leave. So I thought ok, that was what I was sensing. Seeing her son. But a week later, Im on my computer on a Saturday night and an email pops in from her. So I go to my inbox, spam folder and trash....Nothing. So I look at my block option and I still had her blocked. So my account notified me and then deleted it. So I have no idea what it said. Now when we split up she befriended a best female friend of a group I used to hang out with. My friend proceeded to blame me for the break up, the relationship and everything wrong in it. So obviously I had to dump the friend as well as stopping hanging around with that entire group. So I'm not sure if my ex infiltrated the group to keep some sort of contact going or keeping tabs on me. But I sense, somedays more than others that this isn't over yet. Not that she'd return. Don't think I want that anyways. Just that things arent settled yet and that I'm going to here from her again... It is annoying to say the least. Does anyone else ever pick up on this stuff??

Yes but I was wrong. It is wishful thinking. It is like when amputees still feel pain in their amputated limbs. They feel they are still there because the mind has not yet accustomed themselves to their absense. Just like part of you doesn't accept your ex is gone. With time these feelings fade, its part of the grieving process.

Of course this happens - Just a quick example that will apply to everybody -

When's the last time you have thought about a friend, or someone you had not heard from in a real long time, out of the blue. No other reason, other than the thought just popped in.............. And something like a day or two passes, and the phone rings, and it's the very person you thought about?

I don't know anyone that this hasn't happened to. As far as ex's? That's tough, only because you are emotionally tied to the outcome, so it could be wishful thinking. But you never know. I feel me and my ex have unfinished business. And I don't mean splitting assets. I mean I feel we're not done. Wishful thinking? Perhaps.........

It does happen, and here's the trick: it's reversible.

Just as feeling confident will make your posture more upright, your head held higher, your shoulders back, so can maintaining that posture positively affect your mood.

When we have that sense that someone will call, when we really believe it will happen, it will happen. Faith is powerful; it's one of the only things that all religions have in common. When you truly believe without any doubt that something will happen, believe me, it will.

So be careful what you think about. I always felt my ex would leave me, and she did. Then I always believed I'd get her back, and I did. I have faith now that I'll end up with the perfect woman for me - it may be her, it may not.

Whatever you believe is true.

Well in a perfect world I would have married her... But the world isn't perfect... She has huge issues... not of her making but hers to own none the less.. So the trick for me all the time is to separate the gut feelings from the wishful thinking... Would I take her back and support her 110%...Damn straight.. but not until she recognizes her her issues and wants to work on them of her free accord.. Not cause she thinks that is what someone else wants...Don't know if that will ever happen.. So I have moved on... Not really dating but have a balanced life now and it's about me....

I've been having dreams about my ex of 6 months ago all of a sudden again. One of them was about her wanting to get back together with me. Then I woke up and realized it was only a dream.

I can neither see my ex coming back to me or meeting anyone else who is remotely interested in dating me. So one of those sides has to be wrong.

Archived