Do bosses always get the blame.

cassiana

I have three bosses in effect. The main manager does absolutely nothing but the other two seem to work fairly hard. Both have their flaws as managers but they are pleasant and they give it their best shot. I'm fairly sympathetic to both of them and find it very depressing that all I hear is negativity from fellow workers, some of whom are not exactly hard workers themselves. "He's stupid, immature and an idiot.". She is "in over her head" etc etc. At times the barage of negativity is so strong that I wonder am I wrong, am I poor judge of character or is constant blaming of those above you typical even if out of proportion.

When you are nice to a boss and show them a lot of respect because they work hard, and if you do your job then they are generally good to you.

There are some bosses that are just bad. When that happens it is best to look for another job or kick up a fuss about that manager. Some people are brainwashed and will defend the company or authority no matter what it does wrong.

Sometimes bad workers get angry at a boss but I think it is usually about a 50/50 call if it is a bad worker or a bad boss. My last boss at my current job was bad as she inflamed the issue with a worker by being her nasty self.

I work in a college. One student tried to sue a two teachers for not getting top grades in those subjects. if she got 8 top grades she could go on to the next level but she only got six top grades. She said it was the teachers' fault because she said she was never told she was not doing well enough. One teacher said she was not doing well enough but the problem was she said it to her, she didn't write it. Fortunately the other teacher had written it to her and had retained a copy of the notes so as 7 out of 8 wouldn't get her on to the next level thee case was dropped. As usual nothing was done about her lying or attempted defamation of character but we are not allowed do that.

Anyway management introduced a scheme where you fill in deeback on receipt books. Some workers complained about this being officious and unnecessary.

Attendance was a terrible problem in the college, so a staged warning system was introduced, not good enough people cried. We something tougher.

The next year management introduced a 20% absense cut off rate. If by Christmas you miss over 20% with no reasonable.excusable explanation, you are gone. Now people are complaining that this is too severe and maybe we should just teach whats in front of us.

It just seems to me every suggestion is turned down,

Today a secretary got a seminar date wrong and my co worker was going on and on about how everything is wrong with this place.

#Our secretaries don't last long due to poor pay but that budget is beyong the college/s control. just goes on and on and it is wearing to listen to. Management have free parking which the rest of us don't have and on woman wanted to turn it into a smoking area.

Archived