Female Performance Anxiety - Does it exist??

Traveler27

Ok, don't laugh, but I think I may have the male equivalent of performance anxiety. I am back in the dating world after 6 years of being in a long-term relationship, and I am so nervous about having sex with a new person.

I feel like I'm ready to be intimate with this guy I've been seeing, but am terrified I won't be good in bed. Am I crazy? Have any other women experienced this? I feel ridiculous, but I can't get over the fact that I feel so nervous.

I think it's normal... the first time I was intimate with a guy after my 15 year relationship... I thought my head was going to explode I was so nervous.

My mouth was like cotton.. and I thought I might have to vomit (really)... but once we started... it was all good! And still is... actually even better... like it should be!

Yes... I think it does translate. The major difference between us that when men get performance anxiety, then the "star of the show" won't show up on stage... there is NO SHOW. When we get performance anxiety, we might be able to alleviate it by reaching over to the nightstand and apply some needed lubricant, to help things along.

SEX, experts say, is 90% mental. It's all in your noggin. And after being in a long term relationship... YES, we "ALL" question our prowess in the bedroom with the next person up to bat.

Best advice... RELAX. It'll happen when it'll happen if it's meant to happen. Don't overthink it too much.

And as someone else quoted a lot of men would say... "Sex is like Pizza. It's good even when it's bad."

You girls know that we are not that complicated....right? At least you will have no outward signs that you are having a problem. Guys pretty much show their cards whether they want to or not. There is no way to fake a stiffy!

relax

lost

refer to post above! lol

Thanks everyone for your reassurances. Unfortunately, I think I let my nerves get the better of me so I could not relax AT ALL. I was so nervous I couldn't "get there" so to speak, even with very good efforts from my partner. And I'm not good at "faking it" - never done it, so I don't think I can start this late in the game! He probably thinks I'm always that lousy in bed.

I was too embarrassed to to tell him that it takes me a few times before I feel really comfortable.

Guys, is it super important for you for the woman to reach orgasm the first time you have sex? Would you be disappointed or embarrassed if she didn't? Maybe I should start a new thread for this??

Thanks everyone for your reassurances. Unfortunately, I think I let my nerves get the better of me so I could not relax AT ALL. I was so nervous I couldn't "get there" so to speak, even with very good efforts from my partner. And I'm not good at "faking it" - never done it, so I don't think I can start this late in the game! He probably thinks I'm always that lousy in bed.

I was too embarrassed to to tell him that it takes me a few times before I feel really comfortable.

Guys, is it super important for you for the woman to reach orgasm the first time you have sex? Would you be disappointed or embarrassed if she didn't? Maybe I should start a new thread for this??

if i got mine i wouldn't be embarrassed for the lady

Archived