Can flirting lead to cheating??

allypally
Cute Flirty Texts to Impress Her/Hi...
Cute Flirty Texts to Impress Her/Him with Messages

This topic came up in a post I started.

When does flirting become inappropriate behaviour?

e.g. you are with your SO, your SO flirts with someone and they forget that you are right there. They are clearly very caught up in their 1:1 with this other person.

Also, when do you consider flirting to be a betrayal?

Do you think flirting can lead to cheating given an opportunity?

OR do you think people are able to separate the two and just enjoy feeling that others find them attractive?

Cheating always begins with "Innocent" flirting.

I think it is human nature to flirt. But you should never do anything you wouldn't do if your spouse was present. That is when it crosses the line.

Basically when it turns from playful to romantic. But then again, who's to say when that precise moment is. I stick by my bolded statement.

When does flirting become inappropriate behaviour?

e.g. you are with your SO, your SO flirts with someone and they forget that you are right there. They are clearly very caught up in their 1:1 with this other person.

No one really addressed this question. But I would like to say that if your SO is flirting right in front of you and forgets that you are even present... then you have a problem.

OK, another question into the pot:

Would it make you feel insecure if your SO was flirting in front of you with someone else,

OR

would you be able to just laugh it off and tell them to stop being so silly - as though they are acting like a child??

it depends. if it's with intent and it looks like they are sharing some kind of emotional attachment, then yes. if it's a glance at a guy and a guy smiles back or something, i wouldn't care. if she leaves me sitting there to talk to other guy, then heck yes that's too far. but if i was casually sitting at a bar with my girl and she turned to talk to a guy in generals i wouldn't care. i talk to other women. is it flirting? could be construed that way, but it's just being social.

OP, if your man is behaving like this continually, I would be worried; especially if you feel worried. Have a talk with him, tell him that the attention he give to ____ hurts your feelings. He should be able to see where your coming from and hopefully ease off on the flirting. If he doesn't, that would tell me alot.

I'll be honest, when I am in a relationship I do flirt with girls. Not because I'm like thinking about cheating with them or anything like that, but because it is in my nature to flirt. That's just the kind of guy I am...I flirt with everybody. It really depends on the person. So for me, I'm going to say yes its definitely possible to flirt but not cheat. I have never cheated on any of my girlfriends but I did flirt with other girls every time. I never flirt with other girls in front of my gf...thats just a no no. But you always get the renegade friend who is like oh my god becky....your bf was like totally hitting on me (/ this other girl) you need to break up with him.............the response.....ok. LOL most girls (no offense) have a tendency to over analyze everything her boyfriend does and it frustrates me so much. Some girls that I have gone out with have no problem with me flirting with other people...hell one even said "I know your a flirtatious person, so its perfectly cool if you do."...incidentally that was my longest relationship.

If you really love your partner, why even walk that path?

It's dangerous ground.

it's human nature to interact with others. actually, when you are with someone you are pretty much oblivious to your flirtation. taking it too far is where it should stop though.

Archived