Am I just not normal?

Leon

I'm having trouble with a girl I was on the verge of dating, but we both agreed to be friends. People tell me that when the time comes I should become more sexual around her. But to be honest sex is not constantly on my mind. I don't make sexual jokes cause I'm not like that. It's not that I find it uncomfortable I just think its disrespectful, but its seems like its the only hope for us to date if I ever decide. I would think sex would develop after people have gotten together, but its like the foundation for relationships now. This world is all out of wack if you ask me.

you agreed to be friends? did she bring this up or did you? sexual talk with friends will just irk her. i don't recommend it.

Actually I did and she told me that it was a good idea for now. But she is really indecisive. She told me she wanted to "hang out". She expected me to arrange things like it was a date, I told her I think it was better to be friends. She seemed okay with it. But now I'm starting to wonder how things would work if I did ask her out and for things to go smoothly.

you agreed to be friends? did she bring this up or did you? sexual talk with friends will just irk her. i don't recommend it.

really coming from you...you know this guys is someone who has forced himself into friend zone because he never sexually escalated...and thats not that you have to push for sex or anything but allow the girl to know your a sexual being not just a play thing.

really coming from you...you know this guys is someone who has forced himself into friend zone because he never sexually escalated...and thats not that you have to push for sex or anything but allow the girl to know your a sexual being not just a play thing.

sure you can say little sexual innuendos and such, but i'm not condoning actual sexual talk. he should have done more flirting instead of just sitting there as it seems.

Leon, the dynamics of all good relationships are no different from friendships; friendship is more like a scale than a category. If you're good friends, you won't be afraid to be with her and she'll respect your wish to not have sex (which is a very wise wish, if you ask me). And if you eventually become best friends, more things open up to your relationship...even marriage. It's really that simple.

This whole "friends with benefits" thing throws a lot of confusion into the relationship dialogue. Ignore it.

I'm having trouble with a girl I was on the verge of dating, but we both agreed to be friends. People tell me that when the time comes I should become more sexual around her. But to be honest sex is not constantly on my mind. I don't make sexual jokes cause I'm not like that. It's not that I find it uncomfortable I just think its disrespectful, but its seems like its the only hope for us to date if I ever decide. I would think sex would develop after people have gotten together, but its like the foundation for relationships now. This world is all out of wack if you ask me.

You are just being you. And obviously everybody is different.

IMO, it's better to be yourself than be a sheep. It's better to be yourself around women than be somebody who you are not.

Always do you (No pun intended)

Do what makes you feel comfortable as long as it isn't out of your context or disrespectful to anyone else. People are encouraging you to do something that obviously isn't you. And that's not ok. You have to be comfortable inside of your own skin.

Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror St...
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror Stories Reaction - Dating Stories Series - Darkpedia

Archived