Flirtatious work collegue/friend leading me on?

fadedocean

I'm feeling in a bit of a pickle. There is this girl at work who I've known for about a year now. We've been really good friends, but recently we have been seeing each other out of work. She is 18 and I'm 25....i know that's a bit of a gap lol, and she always jokes by calling me old man.

The main Dilemma starts with the fact that she knows i like her, but she said she just likes me as a friend. Now I'm fine with that and we just keep seeing each other as normal i go to hers and she comes to mine and we'd go to the cinema etc...

But recently she has been really close with me, we haven't kissed or anything like that but when she asked me to stay over she has been hugging me and tickling me (i sleep in the spare room, she still lives with her parents who don't mind me staying over) and the last time i stayed, before i left her room to go to bed, she hugged me really tight and kept telling me she didn't want me to go, but that i had to cos she had to go to bed, this hugging went on for like 20 minutes, in fact she nearly fell asleep on my chest...eventually i left her and went to bed. She knows i still like her but I've told her that I've had enough experience to know how to accept it and just get on with things lol.

Am i reading into this too much do ya think, and is it the fact that she's young maybe and just likes my attention?

anyway it was long, just would like some opinions.

Cheers, Faded.

My first instinct was that she likes you also, but you mentioned she said she only likes you as a friend, right? I feel she's a little immature and just likes the attention. She knows you like her and is taking advantage of that. But then again it is possible she's starting to develop feelings for you...have you talked lately about your (both you guys') feelings?

IMO, if that happens again just come on to her/try to kiss her. The worst that can happen is she backs away and you were in no way in the wrong to try it. She is either leading you on or trying to throw you a massive hint. You have nothing to lose by trying something, I don't think it will ruin the friendship, especially since she already knows you like her.

We haven't talked about it recently. i just left it after she said 'just as a friend'. I was a little cautious about approaching it again just in case it kind of ruined what we've got.

In a weird kind of way i like the unsureness of it all. Does that make any sense to anyone? lol. I like the fact she's very touchy with me, she knows i like it as well. As with leaning in for a kiss....I was very close to it the other night, she was sat on the floor messing on her laptop and i was on her bed, i had been stroking her neck and i could tell she liked it...she eventually leaned her head to one side and exposed her neck so i lowered my cheek near to hers and gently rubbed my nose on her neck.....i was dying to kiss her neck, but i just didn't know how she would react...so i didn't lol.

maybe i should have, i mean even if she says that she's already told me how she feels then i know that things haven't changed and maybe it wont affect our friendship.

thanks for the feedback, keep it coming

Nothing happened after the cinema ,it went OK, but something just didn't feel right. Things felt a little awkward, I'm not sure if I'm reading into things, i didn't stay at hers, I've actually just come home.

I walked her home first though, she gave me a little hug outside then made her way in so i just turned and walked home i txt her saying night and wished i could have stayed longer with her, and she just agreed quickly and said goodnight.

Meh, I'm just really thinking about it..

OK, I've just come home from hers. we just spent the evening in her room chatting and poking and tickling as usual, while being stubborn and debating each others actions like why we keep poking each other.

eventually it was late and i had to go so she hugged me tight while resting her head on my chest, she tried to stand up afterward so i pulled her over me and stuck my nose into her neck, she tried to get up and started laughing, so she couldn't. she heard me open my mouth because we always nibble and she laughed and said "no" so i slowly leaned in and gently bit her neck she just said "i could actually get up if i tried" i only nibbled it like 3 times, but the last time i just left my mouth slightly open on her neck and just breathed gently onto her...i was getting quite hot under the collar so i sat up and she got up...

Technically i didn't kiss her but she kind of didn't resist my gentle nibbles so it was close...is this just friendly behavior? Ladies would you allow this usually from someone who you wanted to "be just friends with"? i look forward to your answers.

Thanks, Faded.

God....what the hell do i do, we basically just had this heart to heart on Messenger which we never speak on usually because....well we don't, we either txt or talk in person lol.

it consisted of how she loves me but wants to be friends with me. i told her she needs to realize that even though I'm attracted to her i can walk...i wouldn't like it but i could. she said she wants to keep things as they are now. So i warned her and told her that I've been on the verge of kissing her many times but resisted and she basically said that she wouldn't have resisted...because she has felt the same

So i told her again and said well if we keep things as they are, its probably going to happen. She said that she would probably give in to temptation too....

What the hell kind of Signals are these lol.....i want to so bad but is it worth it now?

Archived