Mixed Signals while reconciling

tattoobunnie

Is it normal to go through a period of a man going "hot" when trying to work things out with ex-boyfriend, then have him go to "cold"? For example, saying "Baby, I love you" consistently, then not saying it all all the past few days?

Would the mixed signals be a moment of doubt on his part? Or is it something normal people go through during the reconciling process?

To add more info: A few days ago, I had informed him that his cousin's ex-girlfriend had been in contact with me, fabricated lies about prior actions of his that never happened, such as dating other women, and that he was a horrible person. After he yelled at her, his cousins said to not call me anymore, which she still did. I told my ex about this, which really set him off. And moments prior to me telling him, he was "I'm so excited to see you, I can't wait, I love you."

I wonder if his coldness is from him questioning me or he's just sorting through a few things. The cousin's girlfriend and I were never that chummy, and it was strange how she always tried to bring up things from the past even when I didn't want to talk about the relationship at all.

To add more info: A few days ago, I had informed him that his cousin's ex-girlfriend had been in contact with me, fabricated lies about prior actions of his that never happened, such as dating other women, and that he was a horrible person. After he yelled at her, his cousins said to not call me anymore, which she still did. I told my ex about this, which really set him off. And moments prior to me telling him, he was "I'm so excited to see you, I can't wait, I love you."

I wonder if his coldness is from him questioning me or he's just sorting through a few things. The cousin's girlfriend and I were never that chummy, and it was strange how she always tried to bring up things from the past even when I didn't want to talk about the relationship at all.

So, he was in a good mood and told you how he loved you, then, you brought up a negative and dramatic situation which portrayed him as a not so good person. No guy wants to deal with drama. You totally killed his mojo.

Poor timing and communication.

Yeah...ugh...I really want to call up the cousin's girlfriend and clean up what's been going on...I really don't want bad blood between anyone. The ex has requested that I don't. Though, strangely, she tried calling me at 2:30 in the morning over the weekend...why, who knows, didn't answer.

We have a date for tonight...I'm nervous...while before, no nervousness. Guess I will have to gage things in person. I was framing with that I wanted to be open and honest with things, and I guess telling him about what she said was a dumb idea.

While the coldness I'm feeling has only been a few days...I still wish it's just me overreacting.

Actually, he said, "i think that we should make sure everything is cool with us, before worrying about her."

I agreed with him, "okay." But at the same time, it's burning inside me to ask him to elaborate on that statement. I want to appear calm, cool, and collected, but I wonder if I should see that statement as nothing more than we're working things out slowly or if I should further investigate...need advice.

Archived