I finally told her....and she didn't reply..?

For 10 months I had feelings for one of my friends (girl). All my friends thought she liked me and I thought she did too, so yesterday I finally emailed her that I liked her as more than a friend, but if she didn’t feel the same way, it was okay.

The thing is my best friend also likes her and has told her so three times now, but she’s always said she didn’t reciprocate.

ANYWAY, so I know she has read my email...but she still hasn’t replied. When my best friend confessed her feelings; she replied within five hours.

So does she not like me....or is she just taking her time to think this through...? We have school tomorrow, and she's in three of my classes...I'm hoping to avoid an awkward situation...

She has said before (to my best friend) that a past experience has freaked her away from relationships...and she still hasn't gotten over it.

AND yeah...she's gay too.

Ok so I'm going to just put this out there, but I think that matters such as these should be addressed in person. I have always found e-mail to be the easy way out and more often than not it is the more awkward situation. In person you can know someone's response right off the bat, whereas in an e-mail there is this tension of time and you start to build up this awkward feeling. But anyways, If she does not have feelings for you than this could place the two of you in a very awkward position. Your friendship may not be the same as she may interpret most of your actions as some manner of flirting. The best thing you can do is try to get rid of as much awkwardness as possible. Depending on the type of person this girl is, there will be many ways this could turn out. I know some girls who would actually completely end a friendship if this happened. I know some that would simply lessen the friendship, and I actually know some (because it has happened to me) who would keep the friendship at the same level and things would go on as if nothing happened. The ball is in her court now, you've just got to wait and see what she does with it.

Ok so I'm going to just put this out there, but I think that matters such as these should be addressed in person.

Seconded.

Email is really not the way to do it. It's almost like a copout, and as makichan said, you are now handing this whole thing over to the other person, and you are forced to wait out a response.

There was once a time that there WAS no email, no texting, no instant messaging... and it was either write a long letter and mail it, or actually...SPEAK to the person face to face.

That's the way to do it.

Well, if she felt the same way, she might have instantly reacted and gotten back in touch with you..something along the lines of "me too I have always felt this way".

If, she has no interest in that way, and she was totally off guard, then she would not be so quick to respond because she has to re-evaluate the friendship and decide whether or not she can still be friends.

If she is "on the fence" about her feelings, or if she never even considered it and now she is, well, that takes time too.

So, you don't know. You can't know.

You could call her. It won't make things any worse...

No offense, but why are you emailing important stuff like that? to be honest even if it was someone I liked sending me an email like that, I would be quite offput by it.

Not too mention the twisted love triangle that this is, I mean your best friend likes her, it sounds like a messy and unpleasant situation in the making.

Archived