I came to realise something tonight. I was travelling home on the bus, I was the only one on it. It was dark, and as we went through the country all I could see was darkness for miles and miles.

I felt that it was an apt reprsentation of my life. I have friends, I have family, but they all are at a distance, and sometimes if they're even really there. Like the bus, I seem to he travelling through the darkness on my own. I dont feel depressed, not even sad really, I guess I just wish I had someone to ask me how I feel.

You can feel alone in the largest crowds, I suppose thats what I'm trying to say. Finding solace in music and books is where I end up going, but they're both very singular activites and except through work I never meet new people. Its been 7 months since the ex and I just really feel the need to meet someone new, not because I need to be with someone, just to talk to.

Anyway...

Wow, when reading that I almost thought you were talking about me. I have felt like that forever, but recently I think the sun is starting to rise and the darkness is drifting away. I have made great, new friends and the more I am with them the more I feel that the darkness is disappearing. Meeting new people is a great way to keep your mind off of that darkness. You will find someone who will be there for you...I have no doubt.

Archived