Fun, fun, joy, joy 24/7....

Pegasus

Hi All,

another observance from "just another jerk" is coming - ready or not! ;-).

I am just sick of people that I date which always think I should be in a perfect mood every time, happy all the time, positive about things and have a smile on my face. I mean, that is just plain stupid because if you see someone who is all that all the time, that person is most probably nuts, on heavy drugs or just fake.

I was pretty tired one day and one of the girls I'm dating told me "awhhh...you know I don't like people without smile on their face...". What was that?

When it became so damn important to never show you have problems that change your mood without being marked as a red flag person?

Because people dating early on are looking for a door into a better world, a world full of happiness, smiles, relaxation and fun. Problems and misery intrude upon that fantasy; they are to be saved for a relationship grounded in reality, which comes later.

I guess this would be annoying if it's something she says all the time. But just one comment doesn't sound like a huge deal. Is it a pattern? Thankfully I've never had this problem. I mean, in the first few dates, I think both people expect the other to be "on" and be happy during the date. But after a dates turn in to an actual relationship and you spend significant amounts of time together, that's just unrealistic. And that's part of how you know if you are compatible...if things are still just fine when one or both people are not super happy or bubbly all the time (which is, of course, normal).

I was pretty tired one day and one of the girls I'm dating told me "awhhh...you know I don't like people without smile on their face...". What was that?

that bothered you? shrug it off. I know what you mean though. I think its better to not be smiling and happy faced all the time. Because nobody is like that, and acting like it is fake. She'll most likely see a more real side to you that she can respect.

Perhaps she should start dating Coco the Clown or Ronald McDonald.....they always have a smile on their face...

We are human with emotions. Yeah, one day we can feel on top of the world, the next feel like crap..

You are right though....don't date this person, they have ISSUES!!! lmao

Keeps all these so called behavioural experts and counsellors who claim to know how we 'tick' and make up phrases for certain behaviour traits...wth???....in a job and earning wads of cash.

Well, not just in the dating world, but with others in general, I really can't stand when you are stressed about something and thereforee you look tense someone you know who is feeling chipper that day tells you to smile, relax and be happy without even bothering to understand why you are not a happy camper that day. I find it rather patronizing when people do that.

Hummm. It does all depend on how well you know someone. Everyone has bad days. But as you get to know someone, you observe how they handle situations. I once dated a woman who was great, wonderful, but one time we were at a restaurant and got bad service and she turned into a total *itch. I was irritated too, but not to the extent she was. And the way she handled it and how much it bugged her made me question how she would approach a tougher situation. I mean, if getting bad service at a restaurant ruins your entire day... what happens when something far more serious happens? How would this person handle that situation?

Kevin

Archived